Le Contrôle Comme Pratique (Control-As- Practice) - Proposition D'Une Autre Grille De Lecture Du Contrôle Organisationnel
If the goal of control is to orient behaviours (BOUQUIN, 2005), that of organizational control is to orient behaviours at the scale of organization in order that activities carried out within are effective. Classical organizational control frameworks do not allow us to distinguish the morphological impact of control on organization. To remedy this, we propose a framework enabling us to read control as a practice. DOUGLAS' (1986) concept of institution will help us bridge the gap between control and practice, while an illustration of the use of our framework on a mental hospital will allow us to show its potential as well as its limitations.
|Date of creation:||21 May 2012|
|Publication status:||Published in Comptabilités et innovation, May 2012, Grenoble, France. pp.cd-rom, 2012|
|Note:||View the original document on HAL open archive server: https://hal.archives-ouvertes.fr/hal-00691152|
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: https://hal.archives-ouvertes.fr/|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Fligstein, Neil, 2001. "Social Skill and the Theory of Fields," Center for Culture, Organizations and Politics, Working Paper Series qt26m187b1, Center for Culture, Organizations and Politics of theInstitute for Research on Labor and Employment, UC Berkeley.
- repec:dau:papers:123456789/651 is not listed on IDEAS
- Gosselin, Maurice, 1997. "The effect of strategy and organizational structure on the adoption and implementation of activity-based costing," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 22(2), pages 105-122, February.
- William G. Ouchi, 1979. "A Conceptual Framework for the Design of Organizational Control Mechanisms," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 25(9), pages 833-848, September.
- Bernard Leca, 2006. "Pas seulement des «lemmings». Les relations entre les organisations et leur environnement dans le néo-institutionnalisme sociologique," Revue Finance Contrôle Stratégie, revues.org, vol. 9(4), pages 67-86, December.
- Hofstede, Geert, 1981. "Management control of public and not-for-profit activities," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 6(3), pages 193-211, July.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hal:journl:hal-00691152. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (CCSD)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.