Les déterminants du design des systèmes de contrôle de gestion dans les collectivités locales de l'Afrique au Sud du Sahara: une analyse empirique contingente des collectivités locales béninoises
The current paper aims to test the factors that influence the design of the systems of management control in the local collectivities in Sub-Sahara Africa empirically. The factorial analysis in multiple correspondence permitted to conclude that outside of the usual organizational factors as the organizational culture, the organizational strategy, the organizational structure and the politics of management of the human resources, the legal and institutional pressures, the pressures of the financial dependence, the ethnic pressures and the religious pressures are the major key that determine the design of the Management control system in local Sub-Saharian collectivities.
|Date of creation:||10 May 2011|
|Publication status:||Published in Comptabilités, économie et société, May 2011, Montpellier, France. pp.cd-rom, 2011|
|Note:||View the original document on HAL open archive server: https://hal.archives-ouvertes.fr/hal-00650586|
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: https://hal.archives-ouvertes.fr/|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Covaleski, Mark A. & Dirsmith, Mark W. & Michelman, Jeffrey E., 1993. "An institutional theory perspective on the DRG framework, case-mix accounting systems and health-care organizations," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 18(1), pages 65-80, January.
- Gordon, Lawrence A. & Narayanan, V. K., 1984. "Management accounting systems, perceived environmental uncertainty and organization structure: An empirical investigation," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 9(1), pages 33-47, January.
- Abernethy, Margaret A. & Lillis, Anne M., 1995. "The impact of manufacturing flexibility on management control system design," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 20(4), pages 241-258, May.
- Michael Greenacre, 2008. "Correspondence analysis of raw data," Economics Working Papers 1112, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra, revised Jul 2009.
- Henri, Jean-Francois, 2006. "Organizational culture and performance measurement systems," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 31(1), pages 77-103, January.
- Chenhall, Robert H., 2003. "Management control systems design within its organizational context: findings from contingency-based research and directions for the future," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 28(2-3), pages 127-168.
- Aimé Togodo Azon & Didier Van Caillie, 2009. "Outils De Contrôle De Gestion Et Performances Des Collectivites Locales : Etat De La Littérature," Post-Print halshs-00459164, HAL.
- Aimé Togodo Azon & Didier Van Caillie & François Pichault, 2010. "Le Design Des Systemes De Contrôle De Gestion Dans Les Collectivités Locales Au Benin : Une Approche Contingente," Post-Print hal-00484262, HAL.
- Hoque, Zahirul, 2004. "A contingency model of the association between strategy, environmental uncertainty and performance measurement: impact on organizational performance," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 13(4), pages 485-502, August.
- Gul, Ferdinand A. & Chia, Yew Ming, 1994. "The effects of management accounting systems, perceived environmental uncertainty and decentralization on managerial performance: A test of three-way interaction," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 19(4-5), pages 413-426.
- Isabelle Huault & V. Perret & S. Charreire-Petit, 2007. "Management," Post-Print halshs-00337676, HAL.
- Lippi, Andrea, 2000. "One theory, many practices. Institutional allomorphism in the managerialist reorganization of Italian local governments," Scandinavian Journal of Management, Elsevier, vol. 16(4), pages 455-477, December.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hal:journl:hal-00650586. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (CCSD)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.