A contingency model of the association between strategy, environmental uncertainty and performance measurement: impact on organizational performance
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Chapman, Christopher S., 1997. "Reflections on a contingent view of accounting," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 22(2), pages 189-205, February.
- Abernethy, Margaret A. & Stoelwinder, Johannes U., 1991. "Budget use, task uncertainty, system goal orientation and subunit performance: A test of the 'fit' hypothesis in not-for-profit hospitals," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 16(2), pages 105-120.
- Govindarajan, V. & Gupta, Anil K., 1985. "Linking control systems to business unit strategy: impact on performance," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 10(1), pages 51-66, January.
- Langfield-Smith, Kim, 1997. "Management control systems and strategy: A critical review," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 22(2), pages 207-232, February.
- Gosselin, Maurice, 1997. "The effect of strategy and organizational structure on the adoption and implementation of activity-based costing," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 22(2), pages 105-122, February.
- Lee Cronbach, 1951. "Coefficient alpha and the internal structure of tests," Psychometrika, Springer;The Psychometric Society, vol. 16(3), pages 297-334, September.
- Gul, Ferdinand A. & Chia, Yew Ming, 1994. "The effects of management accounting systems, perceived environmental uncertainty and decentralization on managerial performance: A test of three-way interaction," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 19(4-5), pages 413-426.
- Abernethy, Margaret A. & Lillis, Anne M., 1995. "The impact of manufacturing flexibility on management control system design," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 20(4), pages 241-258, May.
- Govindarajan, V., 1984. "Appropriateness of accounting data in performance evaluation: An empirical examination of environmental uncertainty as an intervening variable," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 9(2), pages 125-135, June.
- Perera, S. & Harrison, G. & Poole, M., 1997. "Customer-focused manufacturing strategy and the use of operations-based non-financial performance measures: A research note," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 22(6), pages 557-572, August.
- Macintosh, N. B. & Daft, R. L., 1987. "Management control systems and departmental interdependencies: An empirical study," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 12(1), pages 49-61, January.
- Simons, Robert, 1990. "The role of management control systems in creating competitive advantage: New perspectives," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 15(1-2), pages 127-143.
- Mia, Lokman & Chenhall, Robert H., 1994. "The usefulness of management accounting systems, functional differentiation and managerial effectiveness," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 19(1), pages 1-13, January.
- Otley, David T., 1980. "The contingency theory of management accounting: Achievement and prognosis," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 5(4), pages 413-428, October.
- Chenhall, R. H. & Langfield-Smith, K., 1998. "The relationship between strategic priorities, management techniques and management accounting: an empirical investigation using a systems approach," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 23(3), pages 243-264, April.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Noor Ahmad & T. Ramayah, 2012. "Does the Notion of ‘Doing Well by Doing Good’ Prevail Among Entrepreneurial Ventures in a Developing Nation?," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 106(4), pages 479-490, April.
- Kamilah Ahmad, 2017. "The Implementation of Management Accounting Practices and its Relationship with Performance in Small and Medium Enterprises," International Review of Management and Marketing, Econjournals, vol. 7(1), pages 342-353.
- Henri, Jean-Francois, 2006. "Management control systems and strategy: A resource-based perspective," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 31(6), pages 529-558, August.
- Lueg, Rainer & Borisov, Boris Genadiev, 2014. "Archival or perceived measures of environmental uncertainty? Conceptualization and new empirical evidence," European Management Journal, Elsevier, vol. 32(4), pages 658-671.
- repec:jfr:jms111:v:7:y:2016:i:2:p:53-72 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:ijoais:v:26:y:2017:i:c:p:1-19 is not listed on IDEAS
- Peljhan Darja & Tekavčič Metka, 2008. "The Impact of Management Control Systems - Strategy Interaction on Performance Management: A Case Study," Organizacija, De Gruyter Open, vol. 41(5), pages 174-184, September.
- repec:spr:jmgtco:v:29:y:2018:i:1:d:10.1007_s00187-018-0261-5 is not listed on IDEAS
- Lin Song & Darline Augustine & Jing Yu Yang, 2016. "Environmental uncertainty, prospector strategy, and new venture performance: the moderating role of network capabilities," International Entrepreneurship and Management Journal, Springer, vol. 12(4), pages 1103-1126, December.
- Ali Uyar & Cemil Kuzey, 2016. "Contingent Factors, Extent of Budget Use and Performance: A Structural Equation Approach," Australian Accounting Review, CPA Australia, vol. 26(1), pages 91-106, March.
- repec:eco:journ1:2018-02-31 is not listed on IDEAS
- Henri, Jean-Francois, 2006. "Organizational culture and performance measurement systems," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 31(1), pages 77-103, January.
- Aimé Togodo Azon & Didier Van Caillie & François Pichault, 2011. "Les déterminants du design des systèmes de contrôle de gestion dans les collectivités locales de l'Afrique au Sud du Sahara: une analyse empirique contingente des collectivités locales béninoises," Post-Print hal-00650586, HAL.
- Velez, Maria L. & Sanchez, Jose M. & Florez, Raquel & Alvarez-Dardet, Concha, 2015. "How control system information characteristics affect exporter–intermediary relationship quality," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 24(5), pages 812-824.
- Martins, Izaias & Rialp, Alex, 2013. "Orientación emprendedora, hostilidad del entorno y la rentabilidad de la Pyme: una propuesta de contingencias," Cuadernos de Gestión, Universidad del País Vasco - Instituto de Economía Aplicada a la Empresa (IEAE).
More about this item
KeywordsStrategy Environment uncertainty Performance measurement Non-financial measures;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:iburev:v:13:y:2004:i:4:p:485-502. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/133/description#description .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.