Asymptotic multivariate finite-time ruin probabilities with heavy-tailed claim amounts: Impact of dependence and optimal reserve allocation
In ruin theory, the univariate model may be found too restrictive to describe accurately the complex evolution of the reserves of an insurance company. In the case where the company is composed of multiple lines of business, we compute asymptotics of finite-time ruin probabilities. Capital transfers between lines are partially allowed. When claim amounts are regularly varying distributed, several forms of dependence between the lines are considered. We also study the optimal allocation of a large global initial reserve in order to minimize the asymptotic ruin probability.
|Date of creation:||2013|
|Publication status:||Published in Bulletin Français d'Actuariat, Institut des Actuaires, 2013, 13 (26), pp. 79-92|
|Note:||View the original document on HAL open archive server: https://hal.archives-ouvertes.fr/hal-00538571v2|
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: https://hal.archives-ouvertes.fr/|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Romain Biard & Stéphane Loisel & Claudio Macci & Noel Veraverbeke, 2010. "Asymptotic behavior of the finite-time expected time-integrated negative part of some risk processes and optimal reserve allocation," Post-Print hal-00372525, HAL.
- Stéphane Loisel, 2005. "Differentiation of some functionals of risk processes," Post-Print hal-00157739, HAL.
- Cai, Jun & Li, Haijun, 2007. "Dependence properties and bounds for ruin probabilities in multivariate compound risk models," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 98(4), pages 757-773, April.
- Cai, Jun & Li, Haijun, 2005. "Multivariate risk model of phase type," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 36(2), pages 137-152, April.
- Biard, Romain & Lefèvre, Claude & Loisel, Stéphane, 2008. "Impact of correlation crises in risk theory: Asymptotics of finite-time ruin probabilities for heavy-tailed claim amounts when some independence and stationarity assumptions are relaxed," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 43(3), pages 412-421, December.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hal:journl:hal-00538571. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (CCSD)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.