Multivariate VaRs for Operational Risk Capital Computation: a Vine Structure Approach
The Basel Advanced Measurement Approach requires financial institutions to compute capital requirements on internal data sets. In this paper we introduce a new methodology permitting capital requirements to take into account the embedded dependence structures of operational risks. The loss distributions are provided in a matrix of 56 cells. Constructing a vine architecture, which is a bivariate decomposition of a n-dimensional structure (n > 2), we use this approach to compute multivariate operational risk VaRs. We analyse the results and compare them with classical methodologies based on LDF modelings. Our method is simple to carry out, easy to interpret and complies with the new Basel Committee requirements.
|Date of creation:||Apr 2012|
|Publication status:||Published in Documents de travail du Centre d'Economie de la Sorbonne 2011.17 - ISSN : 1955-611X - Version ori.. 2012|
|Note:||View the original document on HAL open archive server: https://halshs.archives-ouvertes.fr/halshs-00587706v3|
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: https://hal.archives-ouvertes.fr/|
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Dominique Guegan & Pierre-André Maugis, 2008.
"New prospects on vines,"
Documents de travail du Centre d'Economie de la Sorbonne
b08095, Université Panthéon-Sorbonne (Paris 1), Centre d'Economie de la Sorbonne, revised Mar 2010.
- Dominique Guegan & Pierre-André Maugis, 2010. "New Prospects on Vines," Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) halshs-00348884, HAL.
- Dominique Guegan & Pierre-André Maugis, 2010. "An Econometric Study of Vine Copulas," Documents de travail du Centre d'Economie de la Sorbonne 10040, Université Panthéon-Sorbonne (Paris 1), Centre d'Economie de la Sorbonne.
- Dominique Guegan & Pierre-André Maugis, 2011. "An econometric Study for Vine Copulas," Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) halshs-00645799, HAL.
- Dominique Guegan & Pierre-André Maugis, 2010. "An Econometric Study of Vine Copulas," Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) halshs-00492124, HAL.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hal:cesptp:halshs-00587706. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (CCSD)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.