Limit laws for extremes of dependent stationary Gaussian arrays
In this paper we show that the componentwise maxima of weakly dependent bivariate stationary Gaussian triangular arrays converge in distribution after appropriate normalization to Hüsler–Reiss distribution. Under a strong dependence assumption, we prove that the limit distribution of the maxima is a mixture of a bivariate Gaussian distribution and Hüsler–Reiss distribution. An important new finding of our paper is that the componentwise maxima and componentwise minima remain asymptotically independent even in the settings of Hüsler and Reiss (1989) allowing further for weak dependence. Further we derive an almost sure limit theorem under the Berman condition for the components of the triangular array.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 83 (2013)
Issue (Month): 1 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/622892/description#description|
|Order Information:|| Postal: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/supportfaq.cws_home/regional|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Csáki, Endre & Gonchigdanzan, Khurelbaatar, 2002. "Almost sure limit theorems for the maximum of stationary Gaussian sequences," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 58(2), pages 195-203, June.
- Manjunath, B.G. & Frick, Melanie & Reiss, Rolf-Dieter, 2012. "Some notes on extremal discriminant analysis," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 103(1), pages 107-115, January.
- Fahrner, I. & Stadtmüller, U., 1998. "On almost sure max-limit theorems," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 37(3), pages 229-236, March.
- Hüsler, Jürg & Reiss, Rolf-Dieter, 1989. "Maxima of normal random vectors: Between independence and complete dependence," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 7(4), pages 283-286, February.
- Frick, Melanie & Reiss, Rolf-Dieter, 2010. "Limiting distributions of maxima under triangular schemes," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 101(10), pages 2346-2357, November.
- Tan, Zhongquan & Peng, Zuoxiang, 2009. "Almost sure convergence for non-stationary random sequences," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 79(7), pages 857-863, April.
- Peng, Zuoxiang & Cao, Lunfeng & Nadarajah, Saralees, 2010. "Asymptotic distributions of maxima of complete and incomplete samples from multivariate stationary Gaussian sequences," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 101(10), pages 2641-2647, November.
- Hashorva, Enkelejd, 2005. "Elliptical triangular arrays in the max-domain of attraction of Hüsler-Reiss distribution," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 72(2), pages 125-135, April.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:stapro:v:83:y:2013:i:1:p:320-330. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Shamier, Wendy)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.