Ecological-economic resilience of a fished coral reef through stochastic multi-species MSY
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Luc Doyen, 2018. "Mathematics for Scenarios of Biodiversity and Ecosystem Services," Post-Print hal-03118045, HAL.
- D. R. Bellwood & T. P. Hughes & C. Folke & M. Nyström, 2004. "Confronting the coral reef crisis," Nature, Nature, vol. 429(6994), pages 827-833, June.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Teh, Louise S.L. & Teh, Lydia C.L. & Rashid Sumaila, U., 2014. "Time preference of small-scale fishers in open access and traditionally managed reef fisheries," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 44(C), pages 222-231.
- Yu-Rong Cheng & Chi-Hsiang Chin & Ding-Fa Lin & Chao-Kang Wang, 2020. "The Probability of an Unrecoverable Coral Community in Dongsha Atoll Marine National Park Due to Recurrent Disturbances," Sustainability, MDPI, vol. 12(21), pages 1-20, October.
- Conrad W Speed & Russ C Babcock & Kevin P Bancroft & Lynnath E Beckley & Lynda M Bellchambers & Martial Depczynski & Stuart N Field & Kim J Friedman & James P Gilmour & Jean-Paul A Hobbs & Halina T Ko, 2013. "Dynamic Stability of Coral Reefs on the West Australian Coast," PLOS ONE, Public Library of Science, vol. 8(7), pages 1-12, July.
- Wamukota, A. & Brewer, T.D. & Crona, B., 2014. "Market integration and its relation to income distribution and inequality among fishers and traders: The case of two small-scale Kenyan reef fisheries," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 48(C), pages 93-101.
- Christine Bergman & Rochelle Good & Andrew Moreo, 2022. "Influencing Hotel Patrons to Use Reef-Safe Sunscreen," Tourism and Hospitality, MDPI, vol. 3(3), pages 1-22, June.
- Chambers, Paul E. & Glenn Dutcher, E. & Mark Isaac, R., 2018. "Improving Environmental Quality Through Aid: An Experimental Analysis of Aid Structures With Heterogeneous Agents," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 146(C), pages 435-446.
- Srinivasan, Venkatraman & Kumar, Praveen, 2015. "Emergent and divergent resilience behavior in catastrophic shift systems," Ecological Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 298(C), pages 87-105.
- Pittman, S.J. & Christensen, J.D. & Caldow, C. & Menza, C. & Monaco, M.E., 2007. "Predictive mapping of fish species richness across shallow-water seascapes in the Caribbean," Ecological Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 204(1), pages 9-21.
- Brathwaite, Angelique & Pascal, Nicolas & Clua, Eric, 2021. "When are payment for ecosystems services suitable for coral reef derived coastal protection?: A review of scientific requirements," Ecosystem Services, Elsevier, vol. 49(C).
- Muko, Soyoka & Arakaki, Seiji & Tamai, Reiko & Sakai, Kazuhiko, 2014. "An individual-based model for population viability analysis of the brooding coral Seriatopora hystrix," Ecological Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 277(C), pages 68-76.
- Alexandre C. Siqueira & Wolfgang Kiessling & David R. Bellwood, 2022. "Fast-growing species shape the evolution of reef corals," Nature Communications, Nature, vol. 13(1), pages 1-8, December.
- Meixia Zhao & Haiyang Zhang & Yu Zhong & Dapeng Jiang & Guohui Liu & Hongqiang Yan & Hongyu Zhang & Pu Guo & Cuitian Li & Hongqiang Yang & Tegu Chen & Rui Wang, 2019. "The Status of Coral Reefs and Its Importance for Coastal Protection: A Case Study of Northeastern Hainan Island, South China Sea," Sustainability, MDPI, vol. 11(16), pages 1-13, August.
- Jan Tebben & James R Guest & Tsai M Sin & Peter D Steinberg & Tilmann Harder, 2014. "Corals Like It Waxed: Paraffin-Based Antifouling Technology Enhances Coral Spat Survival," PLOS ONE, Public Library of Science, vol. 9(1), pages 1-8, January.
- Dercole, Fabio & Prieu, Charlotte & Rinaldi, Sergio, 2010. "Technological change and fisheries sustainability: The point of view of Adaptive Dynamics," Ecological Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 221(3), pages 379-387.
- Cuilleret, Mathieu & Doyen, Luc & Gomes, Hélène & Blanchard, Fabian, 2022. "Resilience management for coastal fisheries facing with global changes and uncertainties," Economic Analysis and Policy, Elsevier, vol. 74(C), pages 634-656.
- Juan Shi & Chunhou Li & Teng Wang & Jinfa Zhao & Yong Liu & Yayuan Xiao, 2022. "Distribution Pattern of Coral Reef Fishes in China," Sustainability, MDPI, vol. 14(22), pages 1-16, November.
- Nicolai Konow & David R Bellwood, 2011. "Evolution of High Trophic Diversity Based on Limited Functional Disparity in the Feeding Apparatus of Marine Angelfishes (f. Pomacanthidae)," PLOS ONE, Public Library of Science, vol. 6(9), pages 1-11, September.
- Doyen, L. & De Lara, M. & Ferraris, J. & Pelletier, D., 2007. "Sustainability of exploited marine ecosystems through protected areas: A viability model and a coral reef case study," Ecological Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 208(2), pages 353-366.
- Ben Daley & Peter Griggs & Helene Marsh, 2008. "Exploiting Marine Wildlife In Queensland: The Commercial Dugong And Marine Turtle Fisheries, 1847–1969," Australian Economic History Review, Economic History Society of Australia and New Zealand, vol. 48(3), pages 227-265, November.
- Ny Andraina Andriamanantena & Charly Gaufreteau & Jean-Sauveur Ay & Luc Doyen, 2021. "Ecological-economic scenarios of land-use for biodiversity and ecosystem services in the New Aquitaine region," Bordeaux Economics Working Papers 2021-18, Bordeaux School of Economics (BSE).
More about this item
Keywordsecological-economics; biodiversity; ecosystems; scenarios; small-scale fisheries; sustainability; resilience; French Polynesia;
All these keywords.
- Q22 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Renewable Resources and Conservation - - - Fishery
- C53 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric Modeling - - - Forecasting and Prediction Models; Simulation Methods
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AGR-2020-07-13 (Agricultural Economics)
- NEP-ENV-2020-07-13 (Environmental Economics)
- NEP-ORE-2020-07-13 (Operations Research)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:grt:bdxewp:2020-11. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/ifredfr.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If CitEc recognized a bibliographic reference but did not link an item in RePEc to it, you can help with this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Ernest Miguelez (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/ifredfr.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.