The Common External Tariff of a Customs Union : Alternative Approaches
This paper describes alternative approaches to the central question of common external tariffs of a Custom Union. Taking off from the work of Kemp and Wan who showed the existence of a common external tariff of CU that deeps the welfare of non-members unchanged while revising that of the CU as compared to the situation prior to the formation of CU, it characterizes such a tariff structure for two leading benchmark examples as consumption-weighted average of pre-union tariffs and subsidies in the member countries.
To our knowledge, this item is not available for
download. To find whether it is available, there are three
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
|Date of creation:||1996|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: U.S.A.; YALE UNIVERSITY, ECONOMIC GROWTH CENTER, YALE STATION NEW-HAVEN CONNECTICUT 06520 U.S.A|
Phone: (203) 432-3610
Fax: (203) 432-3898
Web page: http://www.econ.yale.edu/~egcenter/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Jiandong Ju & Kala Krishna, 1996.
"Market Access and Welfare Effects of Free Trade Areas without Rules of Origin,"
NBER Working Papers
5480, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Ju, J. & Krishna, K., 1995. "Market Access and Welfare Effects of Free Trade Areas Without Rules of Origin," Papers 11-95-3a, Pennsylvania State - Department of Economics.
- Ju, J. & Krishna, K., 1996. "market Access and Welfare Effects of Free Trade Areas without Rules of origin," Papers 2-96-1, Pennsylvania State - Department of Economics.
- Jiandong Ju & Kala Krishna, "undated". "Market Access and Welfare Effects of Free Trade Areas without Rules of Origin," EPRU Working Paper Series 96-03, Economic Policy Research Unit (EPRU), University of Copenhagen. Department of Economics.
- Kemp, Murray C. & Wan, Henry Jr., 1976. "An elementary proposition concerning the formation of customs unions," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 6(1), pages 95-97, February.
- Winters, L Alan, 1997.
"Regionalism and the Rest of the World: The Irrelevance of the Kemp-Wan Theorem,"
Oxford Economic Papers,
Oxford University Press, vol. 49(2), pages 228-234, April.
- Winters, L. Alan, 1996. "Regionalism and the Rest of the World: The Irrelevance of the Kemp-Wan Theorem," CEPR Discussion Papers 1316, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fth:yalegr:755. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Thomas Krichel)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.