The Swedish Youth Labor Market in Boom and Depression
This paper is concerned with the labor market experience of Swedish youths during the 1980s and the 1990s. The first objective is to portray early economic attainment among young Swedes. The second objective of the paper is to examine the impact of labor market programs on youth employment. We find that the slump in the 1990s has been associated with dramatic increases in youth unemployment and youth participation in active labour market programs.
To our knowledge, this item is not available for
download. To find whether it is available, there are three
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
|Date of creation:||1998|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: UPPSALA UNIVERSITY, DEPARTMENT OF ECONOMICS, S-751 20 UPPSALA SWEDEN.|
Phone: + 46 18 471 25 00
Fax: + 46 18 471 14 78
Web page: http://www.nek.uu.se/
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Skedinger, Per, 1995. "Employment Policies and Displacement in the Youth Labor Market," Working Paper Series 432, Research Institute of Industrial Economics.
- Calmfors, Lars & Skedinger, Per, 1995.
"Does Active Labour-Market Policy Increase Employment? Theoretical Considerations and Some Empirical Evidence from Sweden,"
Oxford Review of Economic Policy,
Oxford University Press, vol. 11(1), pages 91-109, Spring.
- Calmfors, L. & Skedinger, P., 1995. "Does Active Labour Market Policy Increase Employment? - Theoretical Considerations and Some Empirical Evidence from Sweden," Papers 590, Stockholm - International Economic Studies.
- Calmfors, Lars & Skedinger, Per, 1995. "Does Active Labor Market Policy Increase Employment? Theoretical Considerations and Some Empirical Evidence from Sweden," Working Paper Series 429, Research Institute of Industrial Economics.
- repec:hhs:iuiwop:432 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:hhs:iuiwop:429 is not listed on IDEAS
- Chinhui Juhn & Kevin M. Murphy & Robert H. Topel, 1991. "Why Has the Natural Rate of Unemployment Increased over Time?," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 22(2), pages 75-142.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fth:uppaal:1998-3. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Thomas Krichel)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.