A Model of Vertically Differenciated Education
Download full text from publisherTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Other versions of this item:
References listed on IDEAS
- Laura M. Argys & Daniel I. Rees & Dominic J. Brewer, 1996. "Detracking America's schools: Equity at zero cost?," Journal of Policy Analysis and Management, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 15(4), pages 623-645.
- Arnott, Richard & Rowse, John, 1987. "Peer group effects and educational attainment," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 32(3), pages 287-305, April.
- Betts, Julian R, 1998. "The Impact of Educational Standards on the Level and Distribution of Earnings," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 88(1), pages 266-275, March.
- Henderson, Vernon & Mieszkowski, Peter & Sauvageau, Yvon, 1978. "Peer group effects and educational production functions," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 10(1), pages 97-106, August.
- Milgrom, Paul & Roberts, John, 1994. "Comparing Equilibria," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 84(3), pages 441-459, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Jean-Luc Demeulemeester & Olivier Debande, 2008.
"Quality and Variety Competition in Higher Education,"
08-10, Association Française de Cliométrie (AFC).
- Olivier Debande & Jean Luc De Meulemeester, 2008. "Quality and variety competition in higher education," DULBEA Working Papers 08-12.RS, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Hendrik Jürges & Wolfram F. Richter & Kerstin Schneider, 2005.
"Teacher Quality and Incentives: Theoretical and Empirical Effects of Standards on Teacher Quality,"
FinanzArchiv: Public Finance Analysis,
Mohr Siebeck, Tübingen, vol. 61(3), pages 298-298, November.
- Hendrik Jürges & Wolfram F. Richter & Kerstin Schneider, 2004. "Teacher Quality and Incentives: Theoretical and Empirical Effects of Standards on Teacher Quality," CESifo Working Paper Series 1296, CESifo Group Munich.
- JÃ¼rges, Hendrik & Wolfram F., Richter & Kerstin, Schneider, 2005. "Teacher quality and incentives - Theoretical and empirical effects of standards on teacher quality," MEA discussion paper series 05091, Munich Center for the Economics of Aging (MEA) at the Max Planck Institute for Social Law and Social Policy.
- Kangoh Lee, 2015. "Higher education expansion, tracking, and student effort," Journal of Economics, Springer, vol. 114(1), pages 1-22, January.
- Volker Meier & Gabriela Schütz, 2007. "The Economics of Tracking and Non-Tracking," ifo Working Paper Series 50, ifo Institute - Leibniz Institute for Economic Research at the University of Munich.
- Jürges, Hendrik & Schneider, Kerstin & Senkbeil, Martin & Carstensen, Claus H., 2012.
"Assessment drives learning: The effect of central exit exams on curricular knowledge and mathematical literacy,"
Economics of Education Review,
Elsevier, vol. 31(1), pages 56-65.
- Hendrik Jürges & Kerstin Schneider & Martin Senkbeil & Claus H. Carstensen, 2009. "Assessment Drives Learning: The Effect of Central Exit Exams on Curricular Knowledge and Mathematical Literacy," CESifo Working Paper Series 2666, CESifo Group Munich.
- Berardino Cesi & Dimitri Paolini, 2014.
"Peer Group and Distance: When Widening University Participation is Better,"
University of Manchester, vol. 82, pages 110-132, December.
- CESI, Berardino & PAOLINI, dimitri, 2012. "Peer group and distance: when widening university participation is better," CORE Discussion Papers 2012042, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Uschi Backes-Gellner & Stephan Veen, 2006.
"Incentives for Schools, Educational Signals and Labour Market Outcomes,"
Economics of Education Working Paper Series
0009, University of Zurich, Department of Business Administration (IBW), revised Jun 2006.
- Uschi Backes-Gellner & Stephan Veen, 2006. "Incentives for Schools, Educational Signals and Labour Market Outcomes," Working Papers 0061, University of Zurich, Institute for Strategy and Business Economics (ISU), revised Jun 2006.
- Hendrik Jürges & Kerstin Schneider, 2010.
"Central exit examinations increase performance... but take the fun out of mathematics,"
Journal of Population Economics,
Springer;European Society for Population Economics, vol. 23(2), pages 497-517, March.
- Kerstin Schneider & Hendrik Jürges, 2008. "Central exit examinations increase performance... but take the fun out of mathematics," Schumpeter Discussion Papers sdp08001, Universitätsbibliothek Wuppertal, University Library.
- Mayer-Foulkes, David, 2002. "On the dynamics of quality student enrollment at institutions of higher education," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 21(5), pages 481-489, October.
- Volker Meier, 2000. "Choosing Between School Systems," CESifo Working Paper Series 389, CESifo Group Munich.
More about this item
KeywordsEDUCATION ; EXTERNALITIES;
- D62 - Microeconomics - - Welfare Economics - - - Externalities
- I20 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Education - - - General
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fth:gremaq:97.469. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Thomas Krichel). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/getlsfr.html .