Credit Constraint in General Equilibrium: Experimental Results
Our work attempts to investigate the influence of credit tightness or expansion on activity and prices in a multimarket set-up. We report on some doubleauction, two-market experiments where subjects had to satisfy an inequality involving the use of credit. The experiments display two regimes. characterized by high and low credit availability. The critical vakre of credit at the common boundary of the two regimes has a compelling interpretation as the maximal credit use at the Arrow-Debreu equilibrium of the abstract economy naturally associated to our experimental environment. Our main results are that changes in the availability of credit: (a): have minor and unsystematic effects on real and nominal variables in the high-credit regime; (b): have substantial effects, both real and nominal, in the low-credit regime.
(This abstract was borrowed from another version of this item.)
To our knowledge, this item is not available for
download. To find whether it is available, there are three
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
|Date of creation:||1995|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: University of California Davis - Department of Economics. One Shields Ave., California 95616-8578|
Phone: (530) 752-0741
Fax: (530) 752-9382
Web page: http://www.econ.ucdavis.edu/
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Juan P. Nicolini, 1993. "More on the time inconsistency of optimal monetary policy," Economics Working Papers 56, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
- Walter Garcia Fontes & Hugo Hopenhayn, 1992.
"Entry restrictions and the determination of quality,"
Economics Working Papers
10, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
- Walter Garcia-Fontes & Hugo Hopenhayn, 2000. "Entry restrictions and the determination of quality," Spanish Economic Review, Springer;Spanish Economic Association, vol. 2(2), pages 105-127.
- Calsamiglia, Xavier & Kirman, Alan, 1993.
"A Unique Informationally Efficient and Decentralized Mechanism with Fair Outcomes,"
Econometric Society, vol. 61(5), pages 1147-72, September.
- Xavier Calsamiglia & Alan Kirman, 1991. "A unique informationally efficient and decentralized mechanism with fair outcomes," Economics Working Papers 7, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fth:caldec:95-07. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Thomas Krichel)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.