Credit Constraint in General Equilibrium: Experimental Results
The authors' work attempts to investigate the influence of credit tightness or expansion on activity and relative prices in a multimarket set-up. They report on some double-action, two-market experiments where subjects had to satisfy an inequality involving the use of credit. The experiments display two regimes, characterized by high and low credit availability. The authors' main results are that changes in the availability of credit: (1) have minor and unsystematic effects on quantities and relative prices in the high-credit regime; and (2) have substantial effects, both on quantities and relative prices, in the low-credit regime. Copyright 1997 by Royal Economic Society.
(This abstract was borrowed from another version of this item.)
To our knowledge, this item is not available for
download. To find whether it is available, there are three
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
|Date of creation:||1995|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: UNIVERSITY OF CALIFORNIA DAVIS, INSTITUTE OF GOVERNMENTAL AFFAIRS, RESEARCH PROGRAM IN APPLIED MACROECONOMICS AND MACRO POLICY, DAVIS CALIFORNIA 95616 U.S.A.|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Calsamiglia, Xavier & Kirman, Alan, 1993.
"A Unique Informationally Efficient and Decentralized Mechanism with Fair Outcomes,"
Econometric Society, vol. 61(5), pages 1147-1172, September.
- Xavier Calsamiglia & Alan Kirman, 1991. "A unique informationally efficient and decentralized mechanism with fair outcomes," Economics Working Papers 7, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
- Walter Garcia-Fontes & Hugo Hopenhayn, 2000. "Entry restrictions and the determination of quality," Spanish Economic Review, Springer;Spanish Economic Association, vol. 2(2), pages 105-127.
- Walter Garcia Fontes & Hugo Hopenhayn, 1992. "Entry restrictions and the determination of quality," Economics Working Papers 10, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
- Juan P. Nicolini, 1993. "More on the time inconsistency of optimal monetary policy," Economics Working Papers 56, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)