Private Versus Public Financing of Education and Endogenous Growth
This paper examines interactions between education policy and growth. The analysis is carried out in an OLG model with two types of individuals: skilled and unskilled.
To our knowledge, this item is not available for
download. To find whether it is available, there are three
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
|Date of creation:||1999|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: G.R.E.Q.A.M., (GROUPE DE RECHERCHE EN ECONOMIE QUANTITATIVE D'AIX MARSEILLE), CENTRE DE VIEILLE CHARITE, 2 RUE DE LA CHARITE, 13002 MARSEILLE.|
Web page: http://www.greqam.fr/
More information through EDIRC
Other versions of this item:
- Jean-Pierre Vidal & Michael Bräuninger, 2000. "Private versus public financing of education and endogenous growth," Journal of Population Economics, Springer;European Society for Population Economics, vol. 13(3), pages 387-401.
- E10 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - General Aggregative Models - - - General
- O40 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Growth and Aggregate Productivity - - - General
- O41 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Growth and Aggregate Productivity - - - One, Two, and Multisector Growth Models
- F43 - International Economics - - Macroeconomic Aspects of International Trade and Finance - - - Economic Growth of Open Economies
- David Hincapié Vélez, 2013. "¿Está convergiendo el gasto gubernamental en las Universidades Públicas colombianas?," ENSAYOS DE ECONOMÍA 012250, UNIVERSIDAD NACIONAL DE COLOMBIA SEDE MEDELLIN.
- repec:ebl:ecbull:v:9:y:2005:i:10:p:1-6 is not listed on IDEAS
- Nakajima, Tetsuya & Nakamura, Hideki, 2009. "The price of education and inequality," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 105(2), pages 183-185, November.
- Arcalean, Calin & Schiopu, Ioana, 2010. "Public versus private investment and growth in a hierarchical education system," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 34(4), pages 604-622, April.
- Vladimir Kuhl Teles, 2008.
"Public investment in basic education and economic growth,"
Journal of Economic Studies,
Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 35(4), pages 352-364, September.
- Vladimir Kühl Teles & Joaquim P. Andrade, 2004. "Public Investment In Basic Education And Economic Growth," Anais do XXXII Encontro Nacional de Economia [Proceedings of the 32th Brazilian Economics Meeting] 040, ANPEC - Associação Nacional dos Centros de Pósgraduação em Economia [Brazilian Association of Graduate Programs in Economics].
- Teles, Vladimir Kühl & Andrade, Joaquim Pinto de, 2010. "Public investment in basic education and economic growth," Textos para discussão 230, FGV/EESP - Escola de Economia de São Paulo, Getulio Vargas Foundation (Brazil).
- Leonid Azarnert, 2010. "Free education, fertility and human capital accumulation," Journal of Population Economics, Springer;European Society for Population Economics, vol. 23(2), pages 449-468, March.
- Blankenau, William, 2005. "Public schooling, college subsidies and growth," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 29(3), pages 487-507, March.
- Verbic, Miroslav & Majcen, Boris & Cok, Mitja, 2009. "Education and Economic Growth in Slovenia: A Dynamic General Equilibrium Approach with Endogenous Growth," MPRA Paper 17817, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Paolo E Giordani & Michele Ruta, 2008. "Prejudice and Immigration," Levine's Working Paper Archive 122247000000002276, David K. Levine.
- Paolo E. Giordani & Michele Ruta, 2009. "Prejudice and Immigration," Working Papers CELEG 0904, Dipartimento di Economia e Finanza, LUISS Guido Carli.
- Nakajima, Tetsuya & Nakamura, Hideki, 2012. "How Do Elementary And Higher Education Affect Human Capital Accumulation And Inequality? A Note," Macroeconomic Dynamics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 16(01), pages 151-158, February.
- Luís Aguiar-Conraria, 2005. "Public vs private schooling in an endogenous growth model," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 9(10), pages 1-6.
- Luís Francisco Aguiar-Conraria, 2004. "Public vs Private Schooling in an Endogenous Growth Model," NIPE Working Papers 7/2004, NIPE - Universidade do Minho.
- Mauricio Armellini & Parantap Basu, 2010. "Altruism, Education Subsidy and Growth," EERI Research Paper Series EERI_RP_2010_21, Economics and Econometrics Research Institute (EERI), Brussels.
- Armellini, Mauricio & Basu, Parantap, 2010. "Altrusim. Education Subsidy and Growth," MPRA Paper 23653, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Mauricio Armellini & Parantap Basu, 2011. "Altruism, Education Subsidy and Growth," Working Papers 2011_07, Durham University Business School.
- L. Marattin, 2007. "Optimal Fiscal Policy with Private and Public Investment in Education," Working Papers 589, Dipartimento Scienze Economiche, Universita' di Bologna.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fth:aixmeq:99a11. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Thomas Krichel)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
Follow series, journals, authors & more
New papers by email
Subscribe to new additions to RePEc
Public profiles for Economics researchers
Various rankings of research in Economics & related fields
Who was a student of whom, using RePEc
Curated articles & papers on various economics topics
Upload your paper to be listed on RePEc and IDEAS
Blog aggregator for economics research
Cases of plagiarism in Economics
Job Market Papers
RePEc working paper series dedicated to the job market
Pretend you are at the helm of an economics department
Services from the StL Fed
Data, research, apps & more from the St. Louis Fed