Health care finance and the early adoption of hospital information systems
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Vijay Mahajan & Milton E. F. Schoeman, 1977. "The Use of Computers in Hospitals: An Analysis of Adopters and Nonadopters," Interfaces, INFORMS, vol. 7(3), pages 95-107, May.
- Romeo, Anthony A. & Wagner, Judith L. & Lee, Robert H., 1984. "Prospective reimbursement and the diffusion of new technologies in hospitals," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 3(1), pages 1-24, April.
- Baker, Laurence C., 2001. "Managed care and technology adoption in health care: evidence from magnetic resonance imaging," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 20(3), pages 395-421, May.
- Sloan, Frank A., 2000. "Not-for-profit ownership and hospital behavior," Handbook of Health Economics,in: A. J. Culyer & J. P. Newhouse (ed.), Handbook of Health Economics, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 21, pages 1141-1174 Elsevier.
- Globerman, Steven, 1982. "The adoption of computer technology in hospitals," Journal of Behavioral Economics, Elsevier, vol. 11(2), pages 67-95.
- Salkever, David S., 2000. "Regulation of prices and investment in hospitals in the United States," Handbook of Health Economics,in: A. J. Culyer & J. P. Newhouse (ed.), Handbook of Health Economics, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 28, pages 1489-1535 Elsevier.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Jeffrey S. McCullough & Stephen Parente & Robert Town, 2013. "Health Information Technology and Patient Outcomes: The Role of Organizational and Informational Complementarities," NBER Working Papers 18684, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Whitacre, Brian E. & Fannin, James Matthew & Barnes, James N., 2008. "Factors Affecting Outsourcing for Information Technology Services in Rural Hospitals: Theory and Evidence," 2008 Annual Meeting, February 2-6, 2008, Dallas, Texas 6393, Southern Agricultural Economics Association.
- McCullough, Jeffrey S. & Snir, Eli M., 2010. "Monitoring technology and firm boundaries: Physician-hospital integration and technology utilization," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 29(3), pages 457-467, May.
- Natalia Zhivan & Mark Diana, 2012. "U.S. hospital efficiency and adoption of health information technology," Health Care Management Science, Springer, vol. 15(1), pages 37-47, March.
- Jeffrey S. McCullough, 2008. "The adoption of hospital information systems," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 17(5), pages 649-664.
More about this item
KeywordsHospitals - Finance ; Information technology;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fip:fedgfe:2002-41. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Franz Osorio). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/frbgvus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.