Uncertain litigation cost and seller behavior: Evidence from an auditing game
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Dopuch, N & King, Rr & Schatzberg, Jw, 1994. "An Experimental Investigation Of Alternative Damage-Sharing Liability Regimes With An Auditing Perspective," Journal of Accounting Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 32, pages 103-130.
- Lipshitz, Raanan & Strauss, Orna, 1997. "Coping with Uncertainty: A Naturalistic Decision-Making Analysis," Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes, Elsevier, vol. 69(2), pages 149-163, February.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Venkatesh, Viswanath & Maruping, Likoebe M. & Brown, Susan A., 2006. "Role of time in self-prediction of behavior," Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes, Elsevier, vol. 100(2), pages 160-176, July.
- Bryce, Cormac & Webb, Rob & Cheevers, Carly & Ring, P. & Clark, G., 2016. "Should the insurance industry be banking on risk escalation for solvency II?," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 46(C), pages 131-139.
- van Schie, Ron J.G. & Donkers, Bas & Dellaert, Benedict G.C., 2012.
"Savings adequacy uncertainty: Driver or obstacle to increased pension contributions?,"
Journal of Economic Psychology, Elsevier, vol. 33(4), pages 882-896.
- Ron J.G. van Schie & Bas Donkers & Benedict G.C. Dellaert, 2012. "Savings Adequacy Uncertainty: Driver or Obstacle to Increased Pension Contributions?," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 12-037/1, Tinbergen Institute.
- Bao, Xing & Diabat, Ali & Zheng, Zhongliang, 2020. "An ambiguous manager's disruption decisions with insufficient data in recovery phase," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 221(C).
- Van Horen, Femke & Pieters, Rik, 2013. "Preference reversal for copycat brands: Uncertainty makes imitation feel good," Journal of Economic Psychology, Elsevier, vol. 37(C), pages 54-64.
- Jiang, Yi & Tornikoski, Erno T., 2019. "Perceived uncertainty and behavioral logic: Temporality and unanticipated consequences in the new venture creation process," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 34(1), pages 23-40.
- Janse, Gerben, 2006. "Information search behaviour of European forest policy decision-makers," Forest Policy and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 8(6), pages 579-592, August.
- Dopuch, Nicholas & Ingberman, Daniel E. & King, Ronald R., 1997. "An experimental investigation of multi-defendant bargaining in 'joint and several' and proportionate liability regimes," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 23(2), pages 189-221, July.
- van der Wal, Arianne J. & van Horen, Femke & Grinstein, Amir, 2018. "Temporal myopia in sustainable behavior under uncertainty," International Journal of Research in Marketing, Elsevier, vol. 35(3), pages 378-393.
- Winkler, Jens & Kuklinski, Christian Paul Jian-Wei & Moser, Roger, 2015. "Decision making in emerging markets: The Delphi approach's contribution to coping with uncertainty and equivocality," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 68(5), pages 1118-1126.
- McKelvie, Alexander & Haynie, J. Michael & Gustavsson, Veronica, 2011. "Unpacking the uncertainty construct: Implications for entrepreneurial action," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 26(3), pages 273-292, May.
- O'Sullivan, Noel, 2009. "The impact of directors’ and officers’ insurance on audit pricing: Evidence from UK companies," Accounting forum, Elsevier, vol. 33(2), pages 146-161.
- Junyi Wu & Shari Shang, 2020. "Managing Uncertainty in AI-Enabled Decision Making and Achieving Sustainability," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 12(21), pages 1-17, October.
- Koch, Christopher & Schunk, Daniel, 2007.
"The Case for Limited Auditor Liability - The Effects of Liability Size on Risk Aversion and Ambiguity Aversion,"
Sonderforschungsbereich 504 Publications
07-04, Sonderforschungsbereich 504, Universität Mannheim;Sonderforschungsbereich 504, University of Mannheim.
- Koch, Christopher & Schunk, Daniel, 2007. "The case for limited auditor liability : the effects of liability size on risk aversion and ambiguity aversion," Papers 07-04, Sonderforschungsbreich 504.
- Sanyal, Shamindra Nath & Mazumder, Rabin & Singh, Ramendra & Sharma, Yukti, 2021. "Uncertainty and affluent teenagersâ€™ luxury buying-decision: The role of avoidance-related indecisiveness," Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services, Elsevier, vol. 58(C).
- Zeijlmans, Kirti & López, Mónica & Grietens, Hans & Knorth, Erik J., 2017. "Matching children with foster carers: A literature review," Children and Youth Services Review, Elsevier, vol. 73(C), pages 257-265.
- Werth, Lioba & Strack, Fritz & Forster, Jens, 2002. "Certainty and Uncertainty: The Two Faces of the Hindsight Bias," Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes, Elsevier, vol. 87(2), pages 323-341, March.
- Keeling, Kathleen & McGoldrick, Peter & Beatty, Susan, 2010. "Avatars as salespeople: Communication style, trust, and intentions," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 63(8), pages 793-800, August.
- Ronald R. King & Rachel Schwartz, 1999. "Legal Penalties and Audit Quality: An Experimental Investigation," Contemporary Accounting Research, John Wiley & Sons, vol. 16(4), pages 685-710, December.
- Wood, Matthew S. & Williams, David W. & Drover, Will, 2017. "Past as prologue: Entrepreneurial inaction decisions and subsequent action judgments," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 32(1), pages 107-127.
More about this item
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-EXP-1999-01-25 (Experimental Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fip:fedawp:98-17. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/frbatus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.