Turkey and the European Union: possible incidence of the EU accession on migration flows
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Ondřej Glazar & Wadim Strielkowski, 2010. "Turkey and the European Union: Possible Incidence of the EU Accession on Migration Flows," Prague Economic Papers, University of Economics, Prague, vol. 2010(3), pages 218-235.
References listed on IDEAS
- Arjan Lejour & Ruud de Mooij & Clem Capel, 2004. "Assessing the economic implications of Turkish accession to the EU," CPB Document 56, CPB Netherlands Bureau for Economic Policy Analysis.
- Selin Sayek & David D. Selover, 2002. "International Interdependence and Business Cycle Transmission between Turkey and the European Union," Southern Economic Journal, Southern Economic Association, vol. 69(2), pages 206-238, October.
- Nil Demet Gungor & Aysıt Tansel, 2008.
"Brain drain from Turkey: an investigation of students' return intentions,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 40(23), pages 3069-3087.
- Nil Demet Gungor & Aysit Tansel, 2006. "Brain Drain From Turkey: An Investigation of Students’ Return Intentions," Working Papers 2006/11, Turkish Economic Association.
- Nil Demet Gungor & Aysit Tansel, 2007. "Brain Drain from Turkey: An Investigation of Students’ Return Intentions," ERC Working Papers 0701, ERC - Economic Research Center, Middle East Technical University, revised Jan 2007.
- Güngör, Nil Demet & Tansel, Aysit, 2006. "Brain Drain from Turkey: An Investigation of Students' Return Intentions," IZA Discussion Papers 2287, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Faini, Riccardo & Venturini, Alessandra, 1994. "Migration and Growth: The Experience of Southern Europe," CEPR Discussion Papers 964, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Im, Kyung So & Pesaran, M. Hashem & Shin, Yongcheol, 2003.
"Testing for unit roots in heterogeneous panels,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 115(1), pages 53-74, July.
- Pasaran, M.H. & Im, K.S. & Shin, Y., 1995. "Testing for Unit Roots in Heterogeneous Panels," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 9526, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Tom Doan, "undated". "IPSHIN: RATS procedure to implement Im, Pesaran and Shin panel unit root test," Statistical Software Components RTS00098, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Konrad Lammers, 2006. "The EU and Turkey—Economic Effects of Turkey’s Full Membership," Intereconomics: Review of European Economic Policy, Springer;German National Library of Economics;Centre for European Policy Studies (CEPS), vol. 41(5), pages 282-288, September.
- Boeri, Tito & Brücker, Herbert, 2001. "Eastern Enlargement and EU-Labour-Markets: Perceptions, Challenges and Opportunities," IZA Discussion Papers 256, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:prg:jnlpep:v:2013:y:2013:i:4:id:434:p:450-469 is not listed on IDEAS
- Meltem İNCE YENİLMEZ, 2017. "What Determines Labour Movement from Turkey to Europe? Extent of the Situation and Implications," Sosyoekonomi Journal, Sosyoekonomi Society, issue 25.
- repec:aes:amfeco:v:46:y:2017:i:19:p:772 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:mje:mjejnl:v:12:y:2017:i:3:p:31-42 is not listed on IDEAS
- Milan Palat, 2014. "Integration prospects of Turkey into European Structures and Turkish Immigration to Germany," Border Crossing, Transnational Press London, UK, vol. 2014(1403), pages 32-40, October.
- Radman Peša, Anita & Brajković, Ana, 2015. "Testing The ‘Black Swan Effect’ on Croatian Stock Market Between 2000 and 2013," MPRA Paper 69223, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 2015.
- Wadim Strielkowski & Petr Filipec & Miroslav Štefánik & Karolina Kowalska, 2013. "Outward Labour Migration in the Czech Republic, Poland and Slovakia after the EU Enlargement in 2004," Czech Economic Review, Charles University Prague, Faculty of Social Sciences, Institute of Economic Studies, vol. 7(1), pages 042-054, March.
- Milan Palat, 2014. "Integration prospects of Turkey into European Structures and Turkish Immigration to Germany," Border Crossing, Transnational Press London, UK, vol. 4(1-2), pages 32-40, October.
- repec:aes:amfeco:v:46:y:2017:i:19:p:757 is not listed on IDEAS
- Karolina Kowalska & Wadim Strielkowski, 2013. "Propensity to Migration in the CEECs: Comparison of Migration Potential in the Czech Republic and Poland," Prague Economic Papers, University of Economics, Prague, vol. 2013(3), pages 343-357.
- repec:mje:mjejnl:v:13:y:2017:i:3:p:31-42 is not listed on IDEAS
- Anita Radman Peša & Mejra Festić, 2012. "Testing the “EU Announcement Effect” on Stock Market Indices and Macroeconomic Variables in Croatia Between 2000 and 2010," Prague Economic Papers, University of Economics, Prague, vol. 2012(4), pages 450-469.
More about this item
KeywordsEconomy of migration; Turkey; EU Enlargement; panel data; seemingly unrelated regression;
- C33 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Multiple or Simultaneous Equation Models; Multiple Variables - - - Models with Panel Data; Spatio-temporal Models
- F15 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Economic Integration
- F22 - International Economics - - International Factor Movements and International Business - - - International Migration
- J11 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demographic Economics - - - Demographic Trends, Macroeconomic Effects, and Forecasts
- J61 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Mobility, Unemployment, Vacancies, and Immigrant Workers - - - Geographic Labor Mobility; Immigrant Workers
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2009-04-05 (All new papers)
- NEP-CWA-2009-04-05 (Central & Western Asia)
- NEP-EEC-2009-04-05 (European Economics)
- NEP-MIG-2009-04-05 (Economics of Human Migration)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fau:wpaper:wp2009_15. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Lenka Herrmannova). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/icunicz.html .