Assessing the sustainability of optimal pollution paths in a world with inertia
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Fabien Prieur, 2009.
"The environmental Kuznets curve in a world of irreversibility,"
Springer;Society for the Advancement of Economic Theory (SAET), vol. 40(1), pages 57-90, July.
- Fabien Prieur, 2007. "The Environmental Kuznets Curve in a World of Irreversibility," Working Papers 2007.57, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Martinet, V. & Doyen, L., 2007.
"Sustainability of an economy with an exhaustible resource: A viable control approach,"
Resource and Energy Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 29(1), pages 17-39, January.
- Vincent Martinet & Luc Doyen, 2007. "Sustainability of an economy with an exhaustible resource: A viable control approach," Post-Print hal-01186925, HAL.
- Tahvonen, Olli & Salo, Seppo, 1996. "Nonconvexities in Optimal Pollution Accumulation," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 31(2), pages 160-177, September.
- Hediger, Werner, 2009. "Sustainable development with stock pollution," Environment and Development Economics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 14(06), pages 759-780, December.
- Pearce, David, 1976. "The Limits of Cost-Benefit Analysis as a Guide to Environmental Policy," Kyklos, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 29(1), pages 97-112.
- Tahvonen, Olli & Withagen, Cees, 1996. "Optimality of irreversible pollution accumulation," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 20(9-10), pages 1775-1795.
- Toman, Michael A. & Withagen, Cees, 2000.
"Accumulative pollution, "clean technology," and policy design,"
Resource and Energy Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 22(4), pages 367-384, October.
- Toman, Michael & Withagen, Cees, 1998. "Accumulative Pollution, "Clean Technology," and Policy Design," Discussion Papers dp-98-43, Resources For the Future.
- Keeler, Emmett & Spence, Michael & Zeckhauser, Richard, 1972. "The optimal control of pollution," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 4(1), pages 19-34, February.
- Leandri, Marc, 2009.
"The shadow price of assimilative capacity in optimal flow pollution control,"
Elsevier, vol. 68(4), pages 1020-1031, February.
- Marc Leandri, 2009. "The shadow price of assimilative capacity in optimal flow pollution control," Post-Print hal-00394092, HAL.
- Fouad Ouardighi & Hassan Benchekroun & Dieter Grass, 2014. "Controlling pollution and environmental absorption capacity," Annals of Operations Research, Springer, vol. 220(1), pages 111-133, September.
- Forster, Bruce A., 1975. "Optimal pollution control with a nonconstant exponential rate of decay," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 2(1), pages 1-6, September.
- Tomiyama, Ken, 1985. "Two-stage optimal control problems and optimality conditions," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 9(3), pages 317-337, November.
- C. G. Plourde, 1972. "A Model of Waste Accumulation and Disposal," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 5(1), pages 119-125, February.
More about this item
KeywordsOptimal pollution control; Climate Change; Ecosystem Services; Assimilative Capacity; Inertia;
- D62 - Microeconomics - - Welfare Economics - - - Externalities
- H23 - Public Economics - - Taxation, Subsidies, and Revenue - - - Externalities; Redistributive Effects; Environmental Taxes and Subsidies
- Q01 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - General - - - Sustainable Development
- Q5 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Environmental Economics
- Q54 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Environmental Economics - - - Climate; Natural Disasters and their Management; Global Warming
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2017-06-25 (All new papers)
- NEP-ENE-2017-06-25 (Energy Economics)
- NEP-ENV-2017-06-25 (Environmental Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fae:wpaper:2017.10. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mireille Chiroleu-Assouline). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/faereea.html .