Study on the efficiency and effectiveness of public spending on tertiary education
Download full text from publisher
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Joanna Wolszczak-Derlacz, 2015. "Analysis of efficiency of European and American higher education institutions - nonparametric approach," Ekonomia journal, Faculty of Economic Sciences, University of Warsaw, vol. 40.
- repec:wfo:monber:y:2017:i:9:p:677-699 is not listed on IDEAS
- Andrea Conte, 2013. "Determinants of policy reforms in the fields of R&D, education and innovation: EU-27 evidence during the Lisbon Decade," Chapters,in: Governance, Regulation and Innovation, chapter 5, pages 122-146 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Wolszczak, Joanna, 2014. "An evaluation and explanation of (in)efficiency in higher education institutions in Europe and the U.S. with the application of two-stage semi-parametric DEA," Institute for Research on Labor and Employment, Working Paper Series qt7c87d4hk, Institute of Industrial Relations, UC Berkeley.
- Amalia N. DUȚU & Mihaela I. DIACONU, 2013. "The Quality Of Graduates, Employers And Higher Education," SEA - Practical Application of Science, Fundația Română pentru Inteligența Afacerii, Editorial Department, issue 2, pages 66-76, October.
- Mariana Cunha & Vera Rocha, 2012. "On the Efficiency of Public Higher Education Institutions in Portugal: An Exploratory Study," FEP Working Papers 468, Universidade do Porto, Faculdade de Economia do Porto.
- Ahec Šonje, Amina & Deskar-Škrbić, Milan & Šonje, Velimir, 2018. "Efficiency of public expenditure on education: comparing Croatia with other NMS," MPRA Paper 85152, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 10 Feb 2018.
- Kose,Ayhan & Ohnsorge,Franziska Lieselotte & Ye,Lei Sandy & Islamaj,Ergys, 2017.
"Weakness in investment growth : causes, implications and policy responses,"
Policy Research Working Paper Series
7990, The World Bank.
- Islamaj, Ergys & Kose, Ayhan & Ohnsorge, Franziska & Ye, Lei Sandy, 2017. "Weakness in Investment Growth: Causes, Implications and Policy Responses," CEPR Discussion Papers 11886, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- M. Ayhan Kose & Franziska Ohnsorge & Lei Sandy Ye & Ergys Islamaj, 2017. "Weakness in investment growth: Causes, implications and policy responses," CAMA Working Papers 2017-19, Centre for Applied Macroeconomic Analysis, Crawford School of Public Policy, The Australian National University.
- M. Ayhan Kose & Franziska Ohnsorge & Lei Sandy Ye & Ergys Islamaj, 2017. "Weakness in Investment Growth: Causes, Implications and Policy Responses," Koç University-TUSIAD Economic Research Forum Working Papers 1707, Koc University-TUSIAD Economic Research Forum.
- António Afonso & Alma Romero & Emma Monsalve, 2013. "Public sector efficiency: evidence for Latin America," Working Papers Department of Economics 2013/20, ISEG - Lisbon School of Economics and Management, Department of Economics, Universidade de Lisboa.
- Schnepf, Sylke V., 2014. "Do Tertiary Dropout Students Really Not Succeed in European Labour Markets?," IZA Discussion Papers 8015, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- António Afonso & Ana Venâncio, 2016.
"The relevance of commuting zones for regional spending efficiency,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 48(10), pages 865-877, February.
- António Afonso & Ana Venâncio, 2013. "The relevance of commuting zones for regional spending efficiency," Working Papers Department of Economics 2013/17, ISEG - Lisbon School of Economics and Management, Department of Economics, Universidade de Lisboa.
- Sylke V. Schnepf, 2015. "University dropouts and labor market success," IZA World of Labor, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA), pages 182-182, September.
- Djedje Hermann Yohou, 2015.
"In Search of Fiscal Space in Africa: The Role of the Quality of Government Spending,"
- Djedje Hermann YOHOU, 2015. "In Search of Fiscal Space in Africa: The Role of the Quality of Government Spending," Working Papers 201527, CERDI.
- Calogero Guccio & Marco Ferdinando Martorana & Luisa Monaco, 2016. "Evaluating the impact of the Bologna Process on the efficiency convergence of Italian universities: a non-parametric frontier approach," Journal of Productivity Analysis, Springer, vol. 45(3), pages 275-298, June.
- repec:cmj:journl:y:2013:i:29:dutu is not listed on IDEAS
- António Afonso, & Mina Kazemi, 2016. "Assessing Public Spending Efficiency in 20 OECD Countries," Working Papers Department of Economics 2016/12, ISEG - Lisbon School of Economics and Management, Department of Economics, Universidade de Lisboa.
- Boris Cournède & Antoine Goujard & Álvaro Pina, 2013. "How to Achieve Growth- and Equity-friendly Fiscal Consolidation?: A Proposed Methodology for Instrument Choice with an Illustrative Application to OECD Countries," OECD Economics Department Working Papers 1088, OECD Publishing.
- World Bank Group, 2017. "Global Economic Prospects, January 2017," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 25823.
- International Monetary Fund, 2010. "Czech Republic; Selected Issues Paper," IMF Staff Country Reports 10/59, International Monetary Fund.
- Angela Stefania Bergantino & Enrico Musso, 2011. "The role of external factors versus managerial ability in determining seaports’ relative efficiency: An input-by-input analysis through a multi-step approach on a panel of Southern European ports," Maritime Economics & Logistics, Palgrave Macmillan;International Association of Maritime Economists (IAME), vol. 13(2), pages 121-141, June.
- repec:taf:promet:v:34:y:2016:i:1:p:63-72 is not listed on IDEAS
- Maria Cristiana Martini & Luigi Fabbris, 2017. "Beyond Employment Rate: A Multidimensional Indicator of Higher Education Effectiveness," Social Indicators Research: An International and Interdisciplinary Journal for Quality-of-Life Measurement, Springer, vol. 130(1), pages 351-370, January.
- Guccio, Calogero & Martorana, Marco & Monaco, Luisa, 2013. "Evaluating italian university teaching efficiency convergence: a non-parametric frontier approach," MPRA Paper 56673, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- repec:eee:respol:v:46:y:2017:i:9:p:1595-1605 is not listed on IDEAS
- Calogero Guccio & Marco Ferdinando Martorana & Isidoro Mazza, 2016. "Efficiency assessment and convergence in teaching and research in Italian public universities," Scientometrics, Springer;Akadémiai Kiadó, vol. 107(3), pages 1063-1094, June.
More about this item
KeywordsEfficiency; effectiveness; public spending; tertiary education; Universities; Study on the efficiency and effectiveness of public spending on tertiary education;
- C14 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Semiparametric and Nonparametric Methods: General
- C81 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Data Collection and Data Estimation Methodology; Computer Programs - - - Methodology for Collecting, Estimating, and Organizing Microeconomic Data; Data Access
- H52 - Public Economics - - National Government Expenditures and Related Policies - - - Government Expenditures and Education
- I23 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Education - - - Higher Education; Research Institutions
- I28 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Education - - - Government Policy
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:euf:ecopap:0390. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (ECFIN INFO). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/dg2ecbe.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.