Can fiscal consolidations be expansionary in the EU? Ex-post evidence and ex-ante analysis
Download full text from publisher
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Giavazzi, Francesco & Jappelli, Tullio & Pagano, Marco & Benedetti, Marina, 2005.
"Searching for Non-monotonic Effects of Fiscal Policy: New Evidence,"
Monetary and Economic Studies,
Institute for Monetary and Economic Studies, Bank of Japan, vol. 23(S1), pages 197-217, October.
- Francesco Giavazzi & Tullio Jappelli & Marco Pagano & Marina Benedetti, 2005. "Searching for Non-Monotonic Effects of Fiscal Policy: New Evidence," CSEF Working Papers 142, Centre for Studies in Economics and Finance (CSEF), University of Naples, Italy.
- Benedetti, Marina & Giavazzi, Francesco & Jappelli, Tullio & Pagano, Marco, 2005. "Searching for Non-Monotonic Effects of Fiscal Policy: New Evidence," CEPR Discussion Papers 5272, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Francesco Giavazzi & Tullio Jappelli & Marco Pagano & Marina Benedetti, 2005. "Searching for Non-Monotonic Effects of Fiscal Policy: New Evidence," NBER Working Papers 11593, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Christophe Blot & Jerôme Creel & Bruno Ducoudré & Xavier Timeau, 2015.
"Back to fiscal consolidation in Europe and its dual tradeoff : now of later, through spending cuts or tax hikes,"
Documents de Travail de l'OFCE
2015-11, Observatoire Francais des Conjonctures Economiques (OFCE).
- Christophe Blot & Jérôme Creel & Bruno Ducoudre & Xavier Timbeau, 2015. "Back to fiscal consolidation in Europe and its dual tradeoff : now or later, through spending cuts or tax hikes ?," Working Papers hal-01143545, HAL.
- Christophe Blot & Jérôme Creel & Bruno Ducoudre & Xavier Timbeau, 2015. "Back to fiscal consolidation in Europe and its dual tradeoff : now or later, through spending cuts or tax hikes ?," Sciences Po publications 2015-11, Sciences Po.
- Paweł Borys & Piotr Ciżkowicz & Andrzej Rzońca, 2014.
"Panel Data Evidence on the Effects of Fiscal Policy Shocks in the EU New Member States,"
Institute for Fiscal Studies, vol. 35, pages 189-224, June.
- Borys, Paweł & Ciżkowicz, Piotr & Rzońca, Andrzej, 2011. "Panel data evidence on non-Keynesian efects of fiscal policy in the EU New Member," MPRA Paper 32696, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Paweł Borys & Piotr Ciżkowicz & Andrzej Rzońca, 2013. "Panel data evidence on the effects of fiscal impulses in the EU New Member States," NBP Working Papers 161, Narodowy Bank Polski, Economic Research Department.
- Borys, Paweł & Ciżkowicz, Piotr & Rzońca, Andrzej, 2013. "Panel data evidence on effects of fiscal impulses in the EU New Member States," MPRA Paper 48243, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Kapopoulos, Panayotis, 2004. "When can fiscal consolidation be expansionary? Evidence from a small open economy," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 26(8-9), pages 1031-1043, December.
- Bikai, Landry, 2010.
"Les Effets Non Lineaires Des Deficits Budgetaires Sur L´Activite Economique En Cemac
[Threshold Effects of Budgetary Policy on Economic Growth in Cemac]," MPRA Paper 24524, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Hans Pitlik & Norbert Gruber & Ewald Walterskirchen, 2010. "An International Comparison of Success Factors for Budget Consolidation Strategies," Austrian Economic Quarterly, WIFO, vol. 15(2), pages 198-210, July.
- BIKAI, J. Landry, 2015. "Fiscal Rules and Pro-cyclicality of the Fiscal Policy in CEMAC countries," MPRA Paper 78229, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Eleni Roussou & Norman Cameron, 2005. "The Impact of the European Economic & Monetary Union on the Stability of the Greek Economy," European Research Studies Journal, European Research Studies Journal, vol. 0(1-2), pages 85-98.
- Gordon Brady, 2015. "Austerity in the European Union: Keynesian Stimulus versus Fiscal Consolidation," Atlantic Economic Journal, Springer;International Atlantic Economic Society, vol. 43(1), pages 55-65, March.
- Hideaki Tanaka, 2005. "Fiscal Rules and Targets and Public Expenditure Management - Enthusiasm in the 1990s and its Aftermath," Finance Working Papers 22705, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
- Hideaki Tanaka, 2005. "Fiscal Rules and Targets and Public Expenditure Management: Enthusiasm in the 1990's and its Aftermath," Asia Pacific Economic Papers 346, Australia-Japan Research Centre, Crawford School of Public Policy, The Australian National University.
- Asztalos, Viktor, 2015.
"Politikai változások a költségvetési kiigazítások tükrében
[Political changes in the light of fiscal adjustments]," Közgazdasági Szemle (Economic Review - monthly of the Hungarian Academy of Sciences), Közgazdasági Szemle Alapítvány (Economic Review Foundation), vol. 0(11), pages 1196-1210.
- Simon Voigts, 2016. "VAT multipliers and pass-through dynamics," SFB 649 Discussion Papers SFB649DP2016-026, Sonderforschungsbereich 649, Humboldt University, Berlin, Germany.
- Abdenour, Redouan & Tounsi, Said, 2015. "Non-Linear Effects of Fiscal Policy on Economic Growth: Moroccan Case," MPRA Paper 69830, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 2016.
- Karim Triki, 2016. "Expenditure-based Consolidation: Experiences and Outcomes – Workshop proceedings," European Economy - Discussion Papers 2015 - 026, Directorate General Economic and Financial Affairs (DG ECFIN), European Commission.
- Gordon L. Brady & Cosimo Magazzino, 2017. "The Sustainability of Italian Public Debt and Deficit," International Advances in Economic Research, Springer;International Atlantic Economic Society, vol. 23(1), pages 9-20, February.
- Casimir Dadak, 2011. "Political Economy of the Euro Area Crisis," Panoeconomicus, Savez ekonomista Vojvodine, Novi Sad, Serbia, vol. 58(5), pages 593-604, December.
- Maria Gabriella Briotti, 2005. "Economic reactions to public finance consolidation - a survey of the literature," Occasional Paper Series 38, European Central Bank.
More about this item
Keywordsnon-Keynesian effects; economic growth; QUEST model; EMU; Giudice; Turrini; in 't Veld; fiscal consolidation;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:euf:ecopap:0195. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (ECFIN INFO). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/dg2ecbe.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.