Gender Development Indicators: Issues, Debates and Ranking of Districts
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Larson, David A. & Wilford, Walton T., 1979. "The physical quality of life index: A useful social indicator?," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 7(6), pages 581-584, June.
- Dijkstra, A.G. & Hanmer, L.C., 1997. "Measuring socio-economic gender inequality : towards an alternative to the UNDP gender-related development index," ISS Working Papers - General Series 18993, International Institute of Social Studies of Erasmus University Rotterdam (ISS), The Hague.
- Haddad, Lawrence & Kanbur, Ravi, 1990.
"How Serious Is the Neglect of Intra-Household Inequality?,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 100(402), pages 866-881, September.
- Haddad, Lawrence & Kanbur, Ravi, 1989. "How serious is the neglect of intrahousehold inequality ?," Policy Research Working Paper Series 296, The World Bank.
- Haddad, L. & Kanbur, R., 1989. "How Serious Is The Neglectof Intra-Household Inequality?," Papers 450, Stockholm - International Economic Studies.
- Frances Woolley & Judith Marshall, 1992. "Measuring Inequality within the Household," Carleton Economic Papers 92-07, Carleton University, Department of Economics, revised Dec 1994.
- Larson, David A. & Wilford, Walton T., 1979. "On the physical quality of life index and evaluating economic welfare between nations," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 3(2), pages 193-197.
- Woolley, Frances R & Marshall, Judith, 1994. "Measuring Inequality within the Household," Review of Income and Wealth, International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 40(4), pages 415-431, December.
- Hicks, Norman & Streeten, Paul, 1979. "Indicators of development: The search for a basic needs yardstick," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 7(6), pages 567-580, June.
More about this item
Keywordsgender; districts; development; study emphasizes; independent variable; analysis; major contradiction; equitable distribution; prosperity; social and cultural factors; methodology; selected; economic indicators; demographic; educational; health; soicocultural; Keynes; human development; Gandhi; GNP; gross national product; economic growth; welfare; development; prosperity; ethics; wealth;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2010-06-11 (All new papers)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ess:wpaper:id:2522. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Padma Prakash). General contact details of provider: http://www.esocialsciences.org .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.