Gender Development Indicators: Issues, Debates and Ranking of Districts
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Haddad, Lawrence & Kanbur, Ravi, 1990.
"How Serious Is the Neglect of Intra-Household Inequality?,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 100(402), pages 866-881, September.
- Haddad, L. & Kanbur, R., 1989. "How Serious Is The Neglectof Intra-Household Inequality?," Papers 450, Stockholm - International Economic Studies.
- Haddad, Lawrence & Kanbur, Ravi, 1989. "How serious is the neglect of intrahousehold inequality ?," Policy Research Working Paper Series 296, The World Bank.
- Hicks, Norman & Streeten, Paul, 1979. "Indicators of development: The search for a basic needs yardstick," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 7(6), pages 567-580, June.
- Larson, David A. & Wilford, Walton T., 1979. "The physical quality of life index: A useful social indicator?," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 7(6), pages 581-584, June.
- Dijkstra, A.G. & Hanmer, L.C., 1997. "Measuring socio-economic gender inequality : towards an alternative to the UNDP gender-related development index," ISS Working Papers - General Series 18993, International Institute of Social Studies of Erasmus University Rotterdam (ISS), The Hague.
- Woolley, Frances R & Marshall, Judith, 1994. "Measuring Inequality within the Household," Review of Income and Wealth, International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 40(4), pages 415-431, December.
- Larson, David A. & Wilford, Walton T., 1979. "On the physical quality of life index and evaluating economic welfare between nations," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 3(2), pages 193-197.
More about this item
Keywordsgender; districts; development; study emphasizes; independent variable; analysis; major contradiction; equitable distribution; prosperity; social and cultural factors; methodology; selected; economic indicators; demographic; educational; health; soicocultural; Keynes; human development; Gandhi; GNP; gross national product; economic growth; welfare; development; prosperity; ethics; wealth;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2010-06-11 (All new papers)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ess:wpaper:id:2522. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Padma Prakash). General contact details of provider: http://www.esocialsciences.org .