Offshoring, Inward Investment and Export Performance in Ireland
Ireland is one of the most FDI-intensive economies in the OECD and is a significant export platform for both manufacturing and internationally traded services. This chapter provides case studies of three of the most important FDI-intensive manufacturing sectors ? ICT, pharmaceuticals and medical devices ? and two of the substantially foreign-owned internationally traded services segments ? software & IT and international financial services. It also updates earlier analyses of how Ireland's inward FDI sectors have fared over the course of the global financial crisis.
|Date of creation:||Mar 2012|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: (353-1) 863 2000
Fax: (353-1) 863 2100
Web page: http://www.esri.ie
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- João Amador & Sónia Cabral & José R. Maria, 2007.
"International Trade Patterns over the Last Four Decades: How does Portugal Compare with other Cohesion Countries?,"
w200714, Banco de Portugal, Economics and Research Department.
- Amador, João & Cabral, Sónia & Ramos Maria, José, 2007. "International Trade Patterns over the Last Four Decades: How does Portugal Compare with other Cohesion Countries?," MPRA Paper 5996, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Holger Görg & David Greenaway, 2004.
"Much Ado about Nothing? Do Domestic Firms Really Benefit from Foreign Direct Investment?,"
World Bank Research Observer,
World Bank Group, vol. 19(2), pages 171-197.
- Görg, Holger & Greenaway, David, 2003. "Much Ado About Nothing? Do Domestic Firms Really Benefit from Foreign Direct Investment?," IZA Discussion Papers 944, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Görg, H & Ruane, F, 1999. "Globalisation and Fragmentation: Evidence from the Electronics Industry in Ireland," Trinity Economics Papers 9911, Trinity College Dublin, Department of Economics.
- Robert E. Lipsey, 2001. "Foreign Direct Investment and the Operations of Multinational Firms: Concepts, History, and Data," NBER Working Papers 8665, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Barry, Frank & Bradley, John, 1997.
"FDI and Trade: The Irish Host-Country Experience,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 107(445), pages 1798-1811, November.
- Barry, F & Bradley, J, 1997. ""FDI and Trade : The Irish Host-Country Experience"," Papers 97/13, College Dublin, Department of Political Economy-.
- Frank Barry & Adele Bergin, 2010. "Ireland’s Inward FDI over the Recession and Beyond," The Institute for International Integration Studies Discussion Paper Series iiisdp321, IIIS.
- Pavelin, S., 2000. "The Geographical Diversification of Leading Firm in the EU," Papers 00/15, College Dublin, Department of Political Economy-.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:esr:wpaper:wp430. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sarah Burns)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.