Negative Net Incomes and the Measurement of Poverty: A Note
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Héctor H. Sandoval & Carlos M.Urzúa, 2009. "Negative Net Incomes and the Measurement of Poverty: A Note," Revista de Administración, Finanzas y Economía (Journal of Management, Finance and Economics), Tecnológico de Monterrey, Campus Ciudad de México, vol. 3(1), pages 29-36.
References listed on IDEAS
- Foster, James & Greer, Joel & Thorbecke, Erik, 1984. "A Class of Decomposable Poverty Measures," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 52(3), pages 761-766, May.
- Sen, Amartya K, 1976. "Poverty: An Ordinal Approach to Measurement," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 44(2), pages 219-231, March.
- Kakwani, Nanak, 1993.
"Statistical Inference in the Measurement of Poverty,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, pages 632-639.
- Beghin, John C. & Lovell, C. A.K., 1993. "Trade and Efficiency Effects of Domestic Content Protection: The Australian Tobacco and Cigarette Industries," Staff General Research Papers Archive 1601, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Emanuela Raffinetti & Elena Siletti & Achille Vernizzi, 2015. "On the Gini coefficient normalization when attributes with negative values are considered," Statistical Methods & Applications, Springer;Società Italiana di Statistica, pages 507-521.
- repec:spr:soinre:v:133:y:2017:i:1:d:10.1007_s11205-016-1354-x is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsPoverty measures; poverty indexes; negative income; income and expenditure survey; Mexico;
- I32 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Welfare, Well-Being, and Poverty - - - Measurement and Analysis of Poverty
- C81 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Data Collection and Data Estimation Methodology; Computer Programs - - - Methodology for Collecting, Estimating, and Organizing Microeconomic Data; Data Access
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2007-04-28 (All new papers)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ega:docume:200707. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Amaranta Arroyo) The email address of this maintainer does not seem to be valid anymore. Please ask Amaranta Arroyo to update the entry or send us the correct email address. General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/emitemx.html .