The Impact of the National Minimum Wage on the Wage Distribution in a Low-Wage Sector
The National Minimum Wage (NMW) that was introduced in April 1999 is sometimes paraded as evidence of the Blair government s commitment to reversing the rise in inequality that was characteristic of the last 25 years.
|Date of creation:||04 Jun 2003|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: 2 Dean Trench Street, Westminster, SW1P 3HE|
Phone: +44 20 3137 6301
Web page: http://www.res.org.uk/society/annualconf.asp
More information through EDIRC
- Tonin, Mirco, 2007. "Minimum wage and tax evasion: theory," Discussion Paper Series In Economics And Econometrics 0711, Economics Division, School of Social Sciences, University of Southampton.
- Mark B. Stewart & Joanna K. Swaffield, 2008.
"The Other Margin: Do Minimum Wages Cause Working Hours Adjustments for Low-Wage Workers?,"
London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 75(297), pages 148-167, 02.
- Stewart, Mark B. & Swaffield, Joanna K., 2006. "The other margin : do minimum wages cause working hours adjustments for low-wage workers?," The Warwick Economics Research Paper Series (TWERPS) 746, University of Warwick, Department of Economics.
- Tonin, Mirco, 2011. "Minimum wage and tax evasion: Theory and evidence," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 95(11), pages 1635-1651.
- Mirco Tonin, 2007. "Minimum Wage and Tax Evasion: Theory and Evidence," William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series wp865, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
- Tonin, Mirco, 2011. "Minimum Wage and Tax Evasion: Theory and Evidence," IZA Discussion Papers 5660, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Mirco Tonin, 2009. "Minimumwage and tax evasion: theory and evidence," MNB Working Papers 2009/2, Magyar Nemzeti Bank (Central Bank of Hungary).
- Mirco Tonin, 2007. "Minimum Wage and Tax Evasion: Theory and Evidence," IEHAS Discussion Papers 0701, Institute of Economics, Centre for Economic and Regional Studies, Hungarian Academy of Sciences.
- R. Aeberhardt & P. Givord & C. Marbot, 2012. "Spillover Effect of the Minimum Wage in France: An Unconditional Quantile Regression Approach," Documents de Travail de la DESE - Working Papers of the DESE g2012-07, Institut National de la Statistique et des Etudes Economiques, DESE.
- Paul Frijters & Robert Gregory, 2006. "From Golden Age to Golden Age: Australia's 'Great Leap Forward'?," The Economic Record, The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 82(257), pages 207-224, 06.
- Frijters, Paul & Gregory, Bob, 2006. "From Golden Age to Golden Age: Australia's "Great Leap Forward"?," IZA Discussion Papers 2068, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Richard Dickens & Mirko Draca, 2005. "The Employment Effects of the October 2003 Increase in the National Minimum Wage," Working Papers 532, Queen Mary University of London, School of Economics and Finance.
- Richard Dickens & Mirko Draca, 2005. "The Employment Effects of the October 2003 Increase in the National Minimum Wage," CEP Discussion Papers dp0693, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Richard Dickens & Mirko Draca, 2005. "The employment effects of the October 2003 increase in the national minimum wage," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 19889, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Dittrich, Marcus & Knabe, Andreas, 2010. "Wage and employment effects of non-binding minimum wages," Discussion Papers 2010/15, Free University Berlin, School of Business & Economics.
- Marcus Dittrich & Andreas Knabe, 2010. "Wage and Employment Effects of Non-Binding Minimum Wages," CESifo Working Paper Series 3149, CESifo Group Munich.
- BARGAIN Olivier & DOORLEY Karina & VAN KERM Philippe, 2016. "Minimum wages and the gender gap in pay. Evidence from the UK and Ireland," LISER Working Paper Series 2016-02, LISER.
- Eric Strobl & Frank Walsh, 2010. "The minimum wage and hours per worker," Working Papers 201028, School of Economics, University College Dublin.
- Eric Strobl & Frank Walsh, 2007. "The ambiguous effect of minimum wages on workers and total hours," Working Papers 200714, School of Economics, University College Dublin.
- Strobl, Eric & Walsh, Frank, 2008. "The Ambiguous Effect of Minimum Wages on Workers and Total Hours," IZA Discussion Papers 3643, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- repec:ilo:ilowps:462988 is not listed on IDEAS
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ecj:ac2003:60. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Christopher F. Baum)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
Follow series, journals, authors & more
New papers by email
Subscribe to new additions to RePEc
Public profiles for Economics researchers
Various rankings of research in Economics & related fields
Who was a student of whom, using RePEc
Curated articles & papers on various economics topics
Upload your paper to be listed on RePEc and IDEAS
Blog aggregator for economics research
Cases of plagiarism in Economics
Job Market Papers
RePEc working paper series dedicated to the job market
Pretend you are at the helm of an economics department
Services from the StL Fed
Data, research, apps & more from the St. Louis Fed