A Critical Review of Economic Analyses of Religion
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Vikas Kumar, 2008. "A Critical review of economic analyses of religion," Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research, Mumbai Working Papers 2008-023, Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research, Mumbai, India.
References listed on IDEAS
- Charles G. Leathers & J. Patrick Raines, 2008. "Adam Smith on Religion and Market Structure: The Search for Consistency," History of Political Economy, Duke University Press, vol. 40(2), pages 345-363, Summer.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Vikas Kumar, 2014. "A model of state secularism," Quality & Quantity: International Journal of Methodology, Springer, pages 2313-2327.
- Vikas Kumar, 2013. "A model of secularism in the state of nature," Quality & Quantity: International Journal of Methodology, Springer, pages 1199-1212.
- Vikas Kumar, 2013. "A Bayesian model of religious conversion," Quality & Quantity: International Journal of Methodology, Springer, pages 1163-1171.
- Alpaslan Akay & Gökhan Karabulut & Peter Martinsson, 2013.
"The effect of religiosity and religious festivals on positional concerns -- an experimental investigation of Ramadan,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 45(27), pages 3914-3921, September.
- Akay, Alpaslan & Karabulut, Gökhan & Martinsson, Peter, 2011. "The Effect of Religiosity and Religious Festivals on Positional Concerns: An Experimental Investigation of Ramadan," IZA Discussion Papers 6172, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Anja Klaubert, 2009. "Being religious - A Question of Incentives?," Working Paper Series in Economics 118, University of Lüneburg, Institute of Economics.
- Akay, Alpaslan & Karabulut, Gökhan & Martinsson, Peter, 2011. "The Effect of Religion on Cooperation and Altruistic Punishment: Experimental Evidence from Public Goods Experiments," IZA Discussion Papers 6179, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Vikas Kumar, 2012. "Cartels in the Kautiliya Arthasastra," Czech Economic Review, Charles University Prague, Faculty of Social Sciences, Institute of Economic Studies, vol. 6(1), pages 59-79, March.
More about this item
KeywordsChurch; Credence Goods; Economic Methodology; Inscrutable Markets; Religion;
- Z12 - Other Special Topics - - Cultural Economics - - - Religion
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eab:macroe:22368. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Shiro Armstrong). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/eaberau.html .