A Critical Review of Economic Analyses of Religion
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Vikas Kumar, 2008. "A Critical review of economic analyses of religion," Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research, Mumbai Working Papers 2008-023, Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research, Mumbai, India.
References listed on IDEAS
- Charles G. Leathers & J. Patrick Raines, 2008. "Adam Smith on Religion and Market Structure: The Search for Consistency," History of Political Economy, Duke University Press, vol. 40(2), pages 345-363, Summer.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Vikas Kumar, 2014. "A model of state secularism," Quality & Quantity: International Journal of Methodology, Springer, vol. 48(4), pages 2313-2327, July.
- Vikas Kumar, 2012. "Cartels in the Kautiliya Arthasastra," Czech Economic Review, Charles University Prague, Faculty of Social Sciences, Institute of Economic Studies, vol. 6(1), pages 59-79, March.
- Vikas Kumar, 2013. "A model of secularism in the state of nature," Quality & Quantity: International Journal of Methodology, Springer, vol. 47(2), pages 1199-1212, February.
- Vikas Kumar, 2013. "A Bayesian model of religious conversion," Quality & Quantity: International Journal of Methodology, Springer, vol. 47(2), pages 1163-1171, February.
- Alpaslan Akay & Gökhan Karabulut & Peter Martinsson, 2013.
"The effect of religiosity and religious festivals on positional concerns -- an experimental investigation of Ramadan,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 45(27), pages 3914-3921, September.
- Akay, Alpaslan & Karabulut, Gökhan & Martinsson, Peter, 2011. "The Effect of Religiosity and Religious Festivals on Positional Concerns: An Experimental Investigation of Ramadan," IZA Discussion Papers 6172, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Anja Klaubert, 2009. "Being religious - A Question of Incentives?," Working Paper Series in Economics 118, University of Lüneburg, Institute of Economics.
- Akay, Alpaslan & Karabulut, Gökhan & Martinsson, Peter, 2011. "The Effect of Religion on Cooperation and Altruistic Punishment: Experimental Evidence from Public Goods Experiments," IZA Discussion Papers 6179, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
More about this item
KeywordsChurch; Credence Goods; Economic Methodology; Inscrutable Markets; Religion;
- Z12 - Other Special Topics - - Cultural Economics - - - Religion
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eab:macroe:22368. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Shiro Armstrong). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/eaberau.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.