Income stratification and the measurement of interdistributional inequality between multiple groups
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Allanson, Paul, 2014. "Income stratification and the measurement of interdistributional inequality between multiple groups," SIRE Discussion Papers 2015-34, Scottish Institute for Research in Economics (SIRE).
References listed on IDEAS
- Paul Allanson & Jonathan Atkins, 2005.
"The Evolution of the Racial Wage Hierarchy in Post-Apartheid South Africa,"
Journal of Development Studies,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 41(6), pages 1023-1050.
- Paul Allanson & Jonathan Atkins, 2002. "The Evolution of the Racial Wage Hierarchy in Post- Apartheid South Africa," Dundee Discussion Papers in Economics 136, Economic Studies, University of Dundee.
- Allanson, Paul, 2014.
"Income stratification and between-group inequality,"
Elsevier, vol. 124(2), pages 227-230.
- Allanson, Paul, 2013. "Income stratification and between-group inequality," SIRE Discussion Papers 2013-113, Scottish Institute for Research in Economics (SIRE).
- Paul Allanson, 2013. "Income stratification and between-group inequality," Dundee Discussion Papers in Economics 275, Economic Studies, University of Dundee.
- Maria Monti & Alessandro Santoro, 2011. "Stratification And Between‐Group Inequality: A New Interpretation," Review of Income and Wealth, International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 57(3), pages 412-427, September.
- Philippe Van Kerm, 2013. "Generalized measures of wage differentials," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 45(1), pages 465-482, August.
- Christoph Lakner & Branko Milanovic, 2016.
"Global Income Distribution: From the Fall of the Berlin Wall to the Great Recession,"
World Bank Economic Review,
World Bank Group, vol. 30(2), pages 203-232.
- Lakner, Christoph & Milanovic, Branko, 2013. "Global income distribution : from the fall of the Berlin Wall to the great recession," Policy Research Working Paper Series 6719, The World Bank.
- Charles Blackorby & David Donaldson & Maria Auersperg, 1981. "A New Procedure for the Measurement of Inequality within and among Population Subgroups," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 14(4), pages 665-685, November.
- Esteban, Joan & Ray, Debraj, 1994.
"On the Measurement of Polarization,"
Econometric Society, vol. 62(4), pages 819-851, July.
- Joan-Maria Esteban & Debraj Ray, 1991. "On the Measurement of Polarization," Boston University - Institute for Economic Development 18, Boston University, Institute for Economic Development.
- Esteban, J. & Ray, D., 1993. "On the Measurement of Polarization," UFAE and IAE Working Papers 221.93, Unitat de Fonaments de l'Anàlisi Econòmica (UAB) and Institut d'Anàlisi Econòmica (CSIC).
- Esteban, J.M. & Ray, D., 1992. "On the Measurement of Polarization," UFAE and IAE Working Papers 171.92, Unitat de Fonaments de l'Anàlisi Econòmica (UAB) and Institut d'Anàlisi Econòmica (CSIC).
- Deutsch, Joseph & Silber, Jacques, 1997. "Gini's "Transvariazione" and the Measurement of Distance between Distributions," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 22(4), pages 547-554.
- Foster, James & Greer, Joel & Thorbecke, Erik, 1984. "A Class of Decomposable Poverty Measures," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 52(3), pages 761-766, May.
- Yitzhaki, Shlomo & Lerman, Robert I, 1991. "Income Stratification and Income Inequality," Review of Income and Wealth, International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 37(3), pages 313-329, September.
- Le Breton, Michel & Michelangeli, Alessandra & Peluso, Eugenio, 2012. "A stochastic dominance approach to the measurement of discrimination," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 147(4), pages 1342-1350.
- Francesco Andreoli & Claudio Zoli, 2012. "On the Measurement of Dissimilarity and Related Orders," Working Papers 274, ECINEQ, Society for the Study of Economic Inequality.
- Butler, Richard J & McDonald, James B, 1987. "Interdistributional Income Inequality," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 5(1), pages 13-18, January.
- Atkinson, Anthony B., 1970. "On the measurement of inequality," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 2(3), pages 244-263, September.
- Jenkins, Stephen P., 1994. "Earnings discrimination measurement : A distributional approach," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 61(1), pages 81-102, March.
- Mookherjee, Dilip & Shorrocks, Anthony F, 1982. "A Decomposition Analysis of the Trend in UK Income Inequality," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 92(368), pages 886-902, December.
- Milanovic, Branko & Yitzhaki, Shlomo, 2002.
"Decomposing World Income Distribution: Does the World Have a Middle Class?,"
Review of Income and Wealth,
International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 48(2), pages 155-178, June.
- Milanovic, Branko & Shlomo Yitzhaki, 2001. "Decomposing world income distribution : does the world have a middle class ?," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2562, The World Bank.
- Frick, Joachim R. & Goebel, Jan & Schechtman, Edna & Wagner, Gert G. & Yitzhaki, Shlomo, 2006. "Using Analysis of Gini (ANOGI) for Detecting Whether Two Subsamples Represent the Same Universe: The German Socio-Economic Panel Study (SOEP) Experience," EconStor Open Access Articles, ZBW - German National Library of Economics, pages 427-468.
- Yitzhaki, Shlomo, 1994. "Economic distance and overlapping of distributions," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 61(1), pages 147-159, March.
- James E. Foster & Artyom A. Shneyerov, 1999. "A general class of additively decomposable inequality measures," Economic Theory, Springer;Society for the Advancement of Economic Theory (SAET), vol. 14(1), pages 89-111.
More about this item
Keywordsincome stratification; interdistributional inequality; multiple groups;
- D31 - Microeconomics - - Distribution - - - Personal Income and Wealth Distribution
- D63 - Microeconomics - - Welfare Economics - - - Equity, Justice, Inequality, and Other Normative Criteria and Measurement
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:dun:dpaper:281. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Andrzej Kwiatkowski). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/dedunuk.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.