Classifying life course trajectories: A comparison of latent class and sequence analysis
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Nicola Barban & Francesco C. Billari, 2012. "Classifying life course trajectories: a comparison of latent class and sequence analysis," Journal of the Royal Statistical Society Series C, Royal Statistical Society, vol. 61(5), pages 765-784, November.
References listed on IDEAS
- Christian Brzinsky-Fay & Ulrich Kohler, 2010. "New Developments in Sequence Analysis," Sociological Methods & Research, , vol. 38(3), pages 359-364, February.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Brienna Perelli-Harris & Laura Bernardi, 2015. "Exploring social norms around cohabitation: The life course, individualization, and culture," Demographic Research, Max Planck Institute for Demographic Research, Rostock, Germany, vol. 33(25), pages 701-732, October.
- repec:spr:soinre:v:135:y:2018:i:1:d:10.1007_s11205-016-1469-0 is not listed on IDEAS
- Mark Hanly & Paul Clarke & Fiona Steele, 2016. "Sequence analysis of call record data: exploring the role of different cost settings," Journal of the Royal Statistical Society Series A, Royal Statistical Society, vol. 179(3), pages 793-808, June.
- repec:spr:soinre:v:136:y:2018:i:1:d:10.1007_s11205-016-1528-6 is not listed on IDEAS
- Mitrofanova, Ekaterina S. & Artamonova, Alyona V., 2016. "Studying Family Formation Trajectories’ Deinstitutionalization in Russia Using Sequence Analysis," MPRA Paper 82877, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Maria Sironi & Nicola Barban & Roberto Impiacciatore, 2013. "The Role of Parental Social Class in the Transition to Adulthood: A Sequence Analysis Approach in Italy and the United States," Working Papers 059, "Carlo F. Dondena" Centre for Research on Social Dynamics (DONDENA), Università Commerciale Luigi Bocconi.
- Hanly, Mark & Clarke, Paul & Steele, Fiona, 2016. "Sequence analysis of call record data: exploring the role of different cost settings," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 64896, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
More about this item
Keywordssequence analysis; latent class analysis; life course analysis; categorical time series;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2011-03-05 (All new papers)
- NEP-CMP-2011-03-05 (Computational Economics)
- NEP-ECM-2011-03-05 (Econometrics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:don:donwpa:041. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Amy Johnson). General contact details of provider: http://www.dondena.unibocconi.it/ .