A Consistent Specification Test For Models Defined By Conditional Moment Restrictions
This article addresses statistical inference in models defined by conditional moment restrictions. Our motivation comes from two observations. First, generalized method of moments, which is the most popular methodology for statistical inference for these models, provides a unified methodology for statistical inference, but it yields inconsistent statistical procedures. Second, consistent specification testing for these models has abandoned a unified approach by regarding as unrelated parameter estimation and model checking. In this article, we provide a consistent specification test, which allows us to propose a simple unified methodology that yields consistent statistical procedures. Although the test enjoys optimality properties, the asymptotic distribution of the considered test statistic depends on the specific data generating process. Therefore, standard asymptotic inference procedures are not feasible. Nevertheless, we show that a simple original wild bootstrap procedure properly estimates the asymptotic null distribution of the test statistic.
|Date of creation:||Jun 2006|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: +34-91 6249594
Fax: +34-91 6249329
Web page: http://www.eco.uc3m.es
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Escanciano, J. Carlos, 2006.
"Goodness-of-Fit Tests for Linear and Nonlinear Time Series Models,"
Journal of the American Statistical Association,
American Statistical Association, vol. 101, pages 531-541, June.
- Juan Carlos Escanciano, 2005. "Goodness-of-fit Tests for Linear and Non-linear Time Series Models," Faculty Working Papers 02/05, School of Economics and Business Administration, University of Navarra.
- Carrasco, Marine & Florens, Jean-Pierre, 2000. "Generalization Of Gmm To A Continuum Of Moment Conditions," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 16(06), pages 797-834, December.
- Wooldridge, Jeffrey M., 1990. "A Unified Approach to Robust, Regression-Based Specification Tests," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 6(01), pages 17-43, March.
- Manuel Dominguez & Ignacio Lobato, 2003. "Testing the Martingale Difference Hypothesis," Econometric Reviews, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 22(4), pages 351-377.
- Bierens, Herman J, 1990.
"A Consistent Conditional Moment Test of Functional Form,"
Econometric Society, vol. 58(6), pages 1443-58, November.
- Bierens, H.J., 1989. "A consistent conditional moment test of functional form," Serie Research Memoranda 0064, VU University Amsterdam, Faculty of Economics, Business Administration and Econometrics.
- Tauchen, George, 1985. "Diagnostic testing and evaluation of maximum likelihood models," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 30(1-2), pages 415-443.
- Bierens, Herman J., 1982. "Consistent model specification tests," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 20(1), pages 105-134, October.
- Delgado, Miguel A. & Fiteni, Inmaculada, 2002. "External bootstrap tests for parameter stability," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 109(2), pages 275-303, August.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cte:werepe:we064111. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ()
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.