Bank secrecy, illicit money and offshore financial centers
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Picard, Pierre M. & Pieretti, Patrice, 2011. "Bank secrecy, illicit money and offshore financial centers," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 95(7-8), pages 942-955, August.
- Picard, Pierre M. & Pieretti, Patrice, 2011. "Bank secrecy, illicit money and offshore financial centers," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 95(7), pages 942-955.
- PICARD, Pierre M. & PIERETTI, Patrice, 2011. "Bank secrecy, illicit money and offshore financial centers," CORE Discussion Papers RP 2343, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Pierre M. Picard & Patrice Pieretti, 2008. "Bank Secrecy, Illicit Money and Offshore Financial Centers," CREA Discussion Paper Series 08-18, Center for Research in Economic Analysis, University of Luxembourg.
References listed on IDEAS
- Desai, Mihir A. & Foley, C. Fritz & Hines, James Jr., 2006. "The demand for tax haven operations," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 90(3), pages 513-531, February.
- Cremer, Helmuth & Pestieau, Pierre, 2004. "Factor mobility and redistribution," Handbook of Regional and Urban Economics,in: J. V. Henderson & J. F. Thisse (ed.), Handbook of Regional and Urban Economics, edition 1, volume 4, chapter 57, pages 2529-2560 Elsevier.
- Donato Masciandaro, 2005. "False and Reluctant Friends? National Money Laundering Regulation, International Compliance and Non-Cooperative Countries," European Journal of Law and Economics, Springer, vol. 20(1), pages 17-30, July.
- Abbott, Kenneth W. & Snidal, Duncan, 2000. "Hard and Soft Law in International Governance," International Organization, Cambridge University Press, vol. 54(03), pages 421-456, June.
- Kanbur, Ravi & Keen, Michael, 1993.
"Jeux Sans Frontieres: Tax Competition and Tax Coordination When Countries Differ in Size,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 83(4), pages 877-892, September.
- Ravi Kanbur & Michael Keen, 1991. "Jeux Sans Frontieres: Tax Competition and Tax Coordination when Countries Differ in Size," Working Papers 819, Queen's University, Department of Economics.
- AndrewK. Rose & MarkM. Spiegel, 2007.
"Offshore Financial Centres: Parasites or Symbionts?,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 117(523), pages 1310-1335, October.
- Rose, Andrew K & Spiegel, Mark, 2005. "Offshore Financial Centres: Parasites or Symbionts?," CEPR Discussion Papers 5081, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Andrew K. Rose & Mark Spiegel, 2006. "Offshore Financial Centers: Parasites or Symbionts?," NBER Working Papers 12044, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Andrew K. Rose & Mark M. Spiegel, 2005. "Offshore financial centers: parasites or symbionts?," Working Paper Series 2005-05, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco.
- Wilson, John Douglas & Wildasin, David E., 2004. "Capital tax competition: bane or boon," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 88(6), pages 1065-1091, June.
- FitzGerald, Valpy, 2004. "Global financial information, compliance incentives and terrorist funding," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 20(2), pages 387-401, June.
- Slemrod, Joel & Wilson, John D., 2009. "Tax competition with parasitic tax havens," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 93(11-12), pages 1261-1270, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Patrice Pieretti & Giuseppe Pulina, 2015. "Tax havens under international pressure: How do they react?," CREA Discussion Paper Series 15-03, Center for Research in Economic Analysis, University of Luxembourg.
- Balakina, Olga & D’Andrea, Angelo & Masciandaro, Donato, 2017.
"Bank secrecy in offshore centres and capital flows: Does blacklisting matter?,"
Review of Financial Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 32(C), pages 30-57.
- Olga Balakina & Angelo D’Andrea & Donato Masciandaro, 2016. "Bank Secrecy in Offshore Centres and Capital Flows: Does Blacklisting Matter?," BAFFI CAREFIN Working Papers 1620, BAFFI CAREFIN, Centre for Applied Research on International Markets Banking Finance and Regulation, Universita' Bocconi, Milano, Italy.
- Raffaella Barone & Donato Masciandaro, 2011. "Organized crime, money laundering and legal economy: theory and simulations," European Journal of Law and Economics, Springer, vol. 32(1), pages 115-142, August.
- repec:eee:dyncon:v:87:y:2018:i:c:p:152-172 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:idb:brikps:81941 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
Keywordsmoney laundering; offshore banking; compliance;
- F21 - International Economics - - International Factor Movements and International Business - - - International Investment; Long-Term Capital Movements
- K42 - Law and Economics - - Legal Procedure, the Legal System, and Illegal Behavior - - - Illegal Behavior and the Enforcement of Law
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2010-06-11 (All new papers)
- NEP-BAN-2010-06-11 (Banking)
- NEP-IFN-2010-06-11 (International Finance)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cor:louvco:2010018. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Alain GILLIS). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/coreebe.html .