Locating fire-stations: an integrated approach for Belgium
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Chevalier, Philippe & Thomas, Isabelle & Geraets, David & Goetghebeur, Els & Janssens, Olivier & Peeters, Dominique & Plastria, Frank, 2012. "Locating fire stations: An integrated approach for Belgium," Socio-Economic Planning Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 46(2), pages 173-182.
- CHEVALIER, Philippe & THOMAS, Isabelle & GERAETS, David & GOETGHEBEUR, Els, 2011. "Locating fire stations: an integrated approach for Belgium," CORE Discussion Papers RP 2390, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
References listed on IDEAS
- Badri, Masood A. & Mortagy, Amr K. & Alsayed, Colonel Ali, 1998. "A multi-objective model for locating fire stations," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 110(2), pages 243-260, October.
- Alexandra Ribeiro & António Pais Antunes, 2002. "A GIS-based decision-support tool for public facility planning," Environment and Planning B: Planning and Design, Pion Ltd, London, vol. 29(4), pages 553-569, July.
- Alan Murray, 2010. "Advances in location modeling: GIS linkages and contributions," Journal of Geographical Systems, Springer, vol. 12(3), pages 335-354, September.
- Ohlsson, Mattias & Peterson, Carsten & Soderberg, Bo, 2001. "An efficient mean field approach to the set covering problem," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 133(3), pages 583-595, September.
- Eiselt, H.A. & Marianov, Vladimir, 2009. "Gradual location set covering with service quality," Socio-Economic Planning Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 43(2), pages 121-130, June.
- H Beguin & I Thomas & D Vandenbussche, 1992.
"Weight variations within a set of demand points, and location - allocation issues: a case study of public libraries,"
Environment and Planning A,
Pion Ltd, London, vol. 24(12), pages 1769-1779, December.
- H Beguin & I Thomas & D Vandenbussche, 1992. "Weight Variations within a Set of Demand Points, and Location-Allocation Issues: A Case Study of Public Libraries," Environment and Planning A, , vol. 24(12), pages 1769-1779, December.
- repec:cor:louvrp:-747 is not listed on IDEAS
- ReVelle, C.S. & Eiselt, H.A. & Daskin, M.S., 2008. "A bibliography for some fundamental problem categories in discrete location science," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 184(3), pages 817-848, February.
- Daoqin Tong & Alan T. Murray, 2009. "Maximising coverage of spatial demand for service," Papers in Regional Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 88(1), pages 85-97, March.
- Grubesic, Tony H., 2008. "Zip codes and spatial analysis: Problems and prospects," Socio-Economic Planning Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 42(2), pages 129-149, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Degel, Dirk & Wiesche, Lara & Rachuba, Sebastian & Werners, Brigitte, 2014. "Reorganizing an existing volunteer fire station network in Germany," Socio-Economic Planning Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 48(2), pages 149-157.
- Chaudhary, Pandav & Chhetri, Sachin Kumar & Joshi, Kiran Man & Shrestha, Basanta Man & Kayastha, Prabin, 2016. "Application of an Analytic Hierarchy Process (AHP) in the GIS interface for suitable fire site selection: A case study from Kathmandu Metropolitan City, Nepal," Socio-Economic Planning Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 53(C), pages 60-71.
- Zeinal Hamadani, Ali & Abouei Ardakan, Mostafa & Rezvan, Taghi & Honarmandian, Mohammad Mehran, 2013. "Location-allocation problem for intra-transportation system in a big company by using meta-heuristic algorithm," Socio-Economic Planning Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 47(4), pages 309-317.
More about this item
Keywordsocation-allocations; GIS; fire-stations; Belgium;
- C61 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Mathematical Methods; Programming Models; Mathematical and Simulation Modeling - - - Optimization Techniques; Programming Models; Dynamic Analysis
- R53 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Regional Government Analysis - - - Public Facility Location Analysis; Public Investment and Capital Stock
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2010-06-11 (All new papers)
- NEP-GEO-2010-06-11 (Economic Geography)
- NEP-URE-2010-06-11 (Urban & Real Estate Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cor:louvco:2010008. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Alain GILLIS). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/coreebe.html .