The administrative costs of payment by results
This report was commissioned by the Department of Health to look into more detail into the administrative costs of Payment by Results (PbR). Costs were estimated to have increased by around £100k-£180k in hospital trusts and from £90k to £190k in Primary Care Trusts. Most of the additional expenditure is due to recruitment of additional staff.
|Date of creation:||Jul 2006|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: (01904) 321401
Fax: (0)1904 323759
Web page: http://www.york.ac.uk/che
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Williamson, Oliver E, 1973. "Markets and Hierarchies: Some Elementary Considerations," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 63(2), pages 316-25, May.
- Diane Dawson & Hugh Gravelle & Mary O'Mahony & Andrew Street & Martin Weale & Adriana Castelli & Rowena Jacobs & Paul Kind & Pete Loveridge & Stephen Martin & Philip Stevens & Lucy Stokes, 2005. "Developing new approaches to measuring NHS outputs and productivity," Working Papers 006cherp, Centre for Health Economics, University of York, revised Dec 2005.
- Diane Dawson & Maria Goddard, 1999. "Long-term contracts in the NHS: a solution in search of a problem?," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 8(8), pages 709-720.
- A. Street & D. Dawson, 2002. "Costing hospital activity: the experience with healthcare resource groups in England," The European Journal of Health Economics, Springer, vol. 3(1), pages 3-9, March.
- Russell Mannion & Andrew Street, 2006. "Payment by results and demand management: learning from the South Yorkshire laboratory," Working Papers 014cherp, Centre for Health Economics, University of York.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:chy:respap:17cherp. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Frances Sharp)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.