Primary Health Care in Practice: Is It Effective?
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
References listed on IDEAS
- Stock-Iwamoto, Christel & Korte, Rolf, 1993. "Primary health workers in North East Brazil," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 36(6), pages 775-782, March.
- Robinson, Sheila A. & Larsen, Donald E., 1990. "The relative influence of the community and the health system on work performance: A case study of community health workers in Colombia," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 30(10), pages 1041-1048, January.
- Akbar Zaidi, S., 1994. "Planning in the health sector: For whom, by whom?," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 39(9), pages 1385-1393, November.
- Akin, John S. & Guilkey, David K. & Hazel?Denton, E., 1995. "Quality of services and demand for health care in Nigeria: A multinomial probit estimation," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 40(11), pages 1527-1537, June.
- Alderman, H. & Gertler, P., 1989. "The Substitutability Of Public And Private Health Care For The Treatment Of Children In Pakistan," Papers 57, World Bank - Living Standards Measurement.
- Kloos, Helmut, 1990. "Utilization of selected hospitals, health centres and health stations in Central, Southern and Western Ethiopia," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 31(2), pages 101-114, January.
- Bentley, Chris, 1989. "Primary health care in Northwestern Somalia: A case study," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 28(10), pages 1019-1030, January.
- Sherraden, Margaret Sherrard & Wallace, Steven P., 1992. "Innovation in primary care: Community health services in Mexico and the United States," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 35(12), pages 1433-1443, December.
- Stanton, Bonita & Wouters, Annemarie, 1992. "Guidelines for pragmatic assessment for health planning in developing countries," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 21(3), pages 187-209, July.
- Lewis, Maureen A. & La Forgia, Gerald M. & Sulvetta, Margaret B., 1996. "Measuring public hospital costs: Empirical evidence from the Dominican Republic," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 43(2), pages 221-234, July.
- Lewis, Maureen & Eskeland, Gunnar S. & Traa-Valerezo, Ximena, 1999. "Challenging El Salvador's rural health care strategy," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2164, The World Bank.
- Stone, Linda, 1992. "Cultural influences in community participation in health," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 35(4), pages 409-417, August.
- Walsh, Julia A., 1988. "Selectivity within primary health care," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 26(9), pages 899-902, January.
- Germano Mwabu & Martha Ainsworth & Andrew Nyamete, 1993. "Quality of Medical Care and Choice of Medical Treatment in Kenya: An Empirical Analysis," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 28(4), pages 838-862.
- Rifkin, Susan B. & Walt, Gill, 1986. "Why health improves: Defining the issues concerning 'comprehensive primary health care' and 'selective primary health care'," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 23(6), pages 559-566, January.
- Woelk, Godfrey B., 1994. "Primary health care in Zimbabwe: Can it survive?: An exploration of the political and historical developments affecting the implementation of PHC," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 39(8), pages 1027-1035, October.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Adam Wagstaff, 2010. "Social health insurance reexamined," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 19(5), pages 503-517.
- Kendall, Kathleen & Wiles, Rose, 2010. "Resisting blame and managing emotion in general practice: The case of patient suicide," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 70(11), pages 1714-1720, June.
- Katarzyna Miszczyñska, 2013. "Healthcare Expenditures Vs. Health Of The Population," "e-Finanse", University of Information Technology and Management, Institute of Financial Research and Analysis, vol. 9(2), pages 47-56, October.
- Kruk, Margaret Elizabeth & Porignon, Denis & Rockers, Peter C. & Van Lerberghe, Wim, 2010. "The contribution of primary care to health and health systems in low- and middle-income countries: A critical review of major primary care initiatives," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 70(6), pages 904-911, March.
- repec:rze:efinan:v:9:y:2012:i:2:p:47-56 is not listed on IDEAS
- Green, Andrew & Ross, Duncan & Mirzoev, Tolib, 2007. "Primary Health Care and England: The coming of age of Alma Ata?," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 80(1), pages 11-31, January.
- Chukwuani, Chinyere Mercellina & Olugboji, Akindeji & Akuto, Edward Erdorga & Odebunmi, Akim & Ezeilo, Ezenta & Ugbene, Emmanuel, 2006. "A baseline survey of the Primary Healthcare System in South Eastern Nigeria," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 77(2), pages 182-201, July.
- Linnala, Aarno & Aromaa, Arpo & Mattila, Kari, 2006. "Specialist consultations in primary health care--A possible substitute for hospital care?," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 78(1), pages 93-100, August.
More about this item
Keywordshealth care; El Salvador; public health spending;
- H4 - Public Economics - - Publicly Provided Goods
- I11 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Health - - - Analysis of Health Care Markets
- I12 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Health - - - Health Behavior
- I18 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Health - - - Government Policy; Regulation; Public Health
- D1 - Microeconomics - - Household Behavior
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cgd:wpaper:55. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Publications Manager). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/cgdevus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.