Human Capital Investment under Exit Options: Evidence from a Natural Quasi-Experiment
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Chand, Satish & Clemens, Michael A., 2019. "Human Capital Investment under Exit Options: Evidence from a Natural Quasi-Experiment," IZA Discussion Papers 12173, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
References listed on IDEAS
- Panu Poutvaara, 2008.
"On human capital formation with exit options: comment and new results,"
Journal of Population Economics,
Springer;European Society for Population Economics, vol. 21(3), pages 679-684, July.
- Poutvaara, Panu, 2005. "On Human Capital Formation with Exit Options: Comment and New Results," IZA Discussion Papers 1903, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Poutvaara, Panu, 2008. "On human capital formation with exit options: Comment and new results," Munich Reprints in Economics 19803, University of Munich, Department of Economics.
- Beine, Michel & Docquier, Frédéric & Oden-Defoort, Cecily, 2011.
"A Panel Data Analysis of the Brain Gain,"
Elsevier, vol. 39(4), pages 523-532, April.
- Michel, BEINE & Cecily, DEFOORT & Frédéric, DOCQUIER, 2007. "A Panel Data Analysis of the Brain Gain," Discussion Papers (ECON - Département des Sciences Economiques) 2007024, Université catholique de Louvain, Département des Sciences Economiques.
- Eliakim Katz & Hillel Rapoport, 2005. "On human capital formation with exit options," Journal of Population Economics, Springer;European Society for Population Economics, vol. 18(2), pages 267-274, June.
- Michel Beine & Fréderic Docquier & Hillel Rapoport, 2008.
"Brain Drain and Human Capital Formation in Developing Countries: Winners and Losers,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 118(528), pages 631-652, April.
- Michel, BEINE & Frédéric, DOCQUIER & Hillel, RAPOPORT, 2006. "Brain drain and human capital formation in developing countries : winners and losers," Discussion Papers (ECON - Département des Sciences Economiques) 2006023, Université catholique de Louvain, Département des Sciences Economiques.
- Michel Beine & Frédéric Docquier & Hillel Rapoport, 2008. "Brain drain and human capital formation in developing countries: winners and losers?," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/10415, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Slesh A. Shrestha, 2017. "No Man Left Behind: Effects of Emigration Prospects on Educational and Labour Outcomes of Non‐migrants," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 127(600), pages 495-521, March.
- Taryn Dinkelman & Martine Mariotti, 2016.
"The Long-Run Effects of Labor Migration on Human Capital Formation in Communities of Origin,"
American Economic Journal: Applied Economics,
American Economic Association, vol. 8(4), pages 1-35, October.
- Dinkelman, Taryn & Mariotti, Martine, 2016. "The long run effects of labor migration on human capital formation in communities of origin," CEPR Discussion Papers 11134, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Taryn Dinkelman & Martine Mariotti, 2016. "The Long Run Effects of Labor Migration on Human Capital Formation in Communities of Origin," NBER Working Papers 22049, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Caroline Theoharides, 2018. "Manila to Malaysia, Quezon to Qatar: International Migration and Its Effects on Origin-Country Human Capital," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 53(4), pages 1022-1049.
More about this item
- F22 - International Economics - - International Factor Movements and International Business - - - International Migration
- J24 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Human Capital; Skills; Occupational Choice; Labor Productivity
- N30 - Economic History - - Labor and Consumers, Demography, Education, Health, Welfare, Income, Wealth, Religion, and Philanthropy - - - General, International, or Comparative
- O15 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Economic Development: Human Resources; Human Development; Income Distribution; Migration
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-HRM-2008-11-18 (Human Capital & Human Resource Management)
- NEP-LAB-2008-11-18 (Labour Economics)
- NEP-MIG-2008-11-18 (Economics of Human Migration)
ListsThis item is featured on the following reading lists or Wikipedia pages:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cgd:wpaper:152. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Publications Manager). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/cgdevus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.