On the Role of Tax-Subsidy Scheme in Money Search Models (Subsequently published in "International Economic Review" 48, 2007, 575-606. )
This paper investigates the role of policy in money search models with divisible money. Recently, real indeterminacy of stationary equilibria has been found in both specific and general search models with divisible money. Thus if we assume the divisibility of money, it would be quite difficult to make accurate predictions of the effects of simple monetary policies. Instead, we show that some tax-subsidy schemes select a determinate efficient equilibrium. In other words, for a given efficient equilibrium and for any real number ? > 0, a certain tax-subsidy scheme induces a locally determinate equilibrium within the ? -neighborhood of the given equilibrium. Moreover, the size of the tax-subsidy can be arbitrarily small.
|Date of creation:||Mar 2005|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Hongo 7-3-1, Bunkyo-ku, Tokyo 113-0033|
Web page: http://www.carf.e.u-tokyo.ac.jp/english/
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Rao Aiyagari, S. & Wallace, Neil & Wright, Randall, 1996.
"Coexistence of money and interest-bearing securities,"
Journal of Monetary Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 37(3), pages 397-419, June.
- S. Rao Aiyagari & Neil Wallace & Randall Wright, 1996. "Coexistence of money and interest-bearing securities," Working Papers 550, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis.
- Akihiko Matsui & Takashi Shimizu, 2005. "A Theory Of Money And Marketplaces," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 46(1), pages 35-59, 02.
- Green, Edward J. & Zhou, Ruilin, 1998. "A Rudimentary Random-Matching Model with Divisible Money and Prices," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 81(2), pages 252-271, August.
- Edward J. Green & Ruilin Zhou, 1996. "A Rudimentary Random-Matching Model with Divisible Money and Prices," GE, Growth, Math methods 9606001, EconWPA, revised 25 Jul 1996.
- Camera, Gabriele & Corbae, Dean, 1999. "Money and Price Dispersion," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 40(4), pages 985-1008, November.
- Camera, G. & Corbae, D., 1998. "Money and Price Dispersion," Working Papers 98-03, University of Iowa, Department of Economics.
- Edward J. Green & Ruilin Zhou, 2002. "Dynamic Monetary Equilibrium in a Random Matching Economy," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 70(3), pages 929-969, May.
- Edward J. Green & Ruilin Zhou, 2000. "Dynamic monetary equilibrium in a random-matching economy," Working Paper Series WP-00-1, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
- Zhou, Ruilin, 1999. "Individual and Aggregate Real Balances in a Random-Matching Model," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 40(4), pages 1009-1038, November.
- Ruilin Zhou, 1996. "Individual and Aggregate Real Balances in a Random Matching Model," GE, Growth, Math methods 9612001, EconWPA, revised 23 Dec 1996.
- Ruilin Zhou, 1996. "Individual and aggregate real balances in a random matching model," Staff Report 222, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis.
- Kazuya Kamiya & Noritsugu Morishita & Takashi Shimizu, 2005. "On the existence of single-price equilibria in a matching model with divisible money and production cost," International Journal of Economic Theory, The International Society for Economic Theory, vol. 1(3), pages 219-231.
- Kazuya Kamiya & Noritsugu Morishita & Takashi Shimizu, 2004. "On the Existence of Single-Price Equilibria in a Matching Model with Divisible Money and Production Cost," CIRJE F-Series CIRJE-F-283, CIRJE, Faculty of Economics, University of Tokyo.
- Kazuya Kamiya & Takashi Shimizu, 2004. "Real Indeterminacy of Stationary Equilibria in Matching Models with Media of Exchange," CIRJE F-Series CIRJE-F-167, CIRJE, Faculty of Economics, University of Tokyo. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cfi:fseres:cf025. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ()
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.