Information Asymmetry, Share Mispricing and the Coordination Problem: Investor Portfolio Choice in Czech Voucher Privatization
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- John Bennett & Saul Estrin & James Maw & Giovanni Urga, 2004.
"Privatisation Methods and Economic Growth in Transition Economies,"
2004.105, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Bennett, John & Estrin, Saul & Maw, James & Urga, Giovanni, 2004. "Privatization Methods and Economic Growth in Transition Economies," CEPR Discussion Papers 4291, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Barbara G. Katz & Joel Owen, 2002.
"Voucher Privatization: A detour on the road to transition?,"
The Economics of Transition,
The European Bank for Reconstruction and Development, vol. 10(3), pages 553-583, November.
- Barbara Katz & Joel Owen, 2001. "Voucher Privatization : A Detour on the Road to Transition?," Working Papers 01-09, New York University, Leonard N. Stern School of Business, Department of Economics.
- Raj Aggarwal & Joel T. Harper, 2000. "Equity Valuation in the Czech Voucher Privatization Auctions," Financial Management, Financial Management Association, vol. 29(4), Winter.
- Katz, Barbara G. & Owen, Joel, 1997.
"Optimal Voucher Privatization Fund Bids When Bidding Affects Firm Performance,"
Journal of Comparative Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 24(1), pages 25-43, February.
- Barbara G. Katz & Joel Owen, 1995. "Optimal Voucher Privatization Fund Bids When Bidding Affects Firm Performance," Working Papers 95-20, New York University, Leonard N. Stern School of Business, Department of Economics.
- Carlin, Wendy & Mayer, Colin, 1992. "Restructuring Enterprises in Eastern Europe," CEPR Discussion Papers 700, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- S.J. Rassenti & V.L. Smith & R.L. Bulfin, 1982. "A Combinatorial Auction Mechanism for Airport Time Slot Allocation," Bell Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 13(2), pages 402-417, Autumn.
- Groves, Theodore, 1973. "Incentives in Teams," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 41(4), pages 617-631, July.
- Kala Krishna & Torben Tranæ s, 2002. "Allocating multiple units," Economic Theory, Springer;Society for the Advancement of Economic Theory (SAET), vol. 20(4), pages 733-750.
- Jan Svejnar & Miroslav Singer, 1994. "Using vouchers to privatize an economy: the Czech and Slovak case," The Economics of Transition, The European Bank for Reconstruction and Development, vol. 2(1), pages 43-69, March.
More about this item
KeywordsVoucher privatization; Asymmetric information; Portfolio and strategic investors; Portfolio choice; Mispricing;
- D81 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - Criteria for Decision-Making under Risk and Uncertainty
- D82 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - Asymmetric and Private Information; Mechanism Design
- G11 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Portfolio Choice; Investment Decisions
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2006-10-07 (All new papers)
- NEP-FIN-2006-10-07 (Finance)
- NEP-FMK-2006-10-07 (Financial Markets)
- NEP-TRA-2006-10-07 (Transition Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cer:papers:wp301. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jana Koudelkova). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/eiacacz.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.