Politicising poverty in Latin America in the light of Rawls’ ‘strains of commitment’ argument for a social minimum
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Baez Ramirez,Javier Eduardo & Camacho,Adriana & Conover, Emily & Zarate,Roman Andres, 2012.
"Conditional cash transfers, political participation, and voting behavior,"
Policy Research Working Paper Series
6215, The World Bank.
- Baez, Javier E. & Camacho, Adriana & Conover, Emily & Zárate, Román Andrés, 2012. "Conditional Cash Transfers, Political Participation, and Voting Behavior," IZA Discussion Papers 6870, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Javier E. Baez & Adriana Camacho & Emily Conover & Román A. Zárate, 2012. "Conditional Cash Transfers, Political Participation, and Voting Behavior," DOCUMENTOS CEDE 010312, UNIVERSIDAD DE LOS ANDES-CEDE.
- Barrientos, Armando, 2011. "On the Distributional Implications of Social Protection Reforms in Latin America," WIDER Working Paper Series 069, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Sergei Soares & Rafael Guerreiro Osório & Fábio Veras Soares & Marcelo Medeiros & Eduardo Zepeda, 2009.
"Conditional cash transfers in Brazil, Chile and Mexico: impacts upon inequality,"
El Colegio de México, Centro de Estudios Económicos, vol. 0(Special i), pages 207-224.
- Sergei Suarez Dillon Soares & Rafael Guerreiro Osório & Fabio Veras Soares & Marcelo Medeiros & Eduardo Zepeda, 2007. "Conditional Cash Transfers in Brazil, Chile and Mexico: Impacts upon Inequality," Working Papers 35, International Policy Centre for Inclusive Growth.
- Juan Luis Londoño & Miguel Székely, 2000. "Persistent Poverty and Excess Inequality: Latin America, 1970-1995," Journal of Applied Economics, Universidad del CEMA, vol. 3, pages 93-134, May.
- Nancy Birdsall & Nora Lustig & Darryl McLeod, 2011.
"Declining Inequality in Latin America: Some Economics, Some Politics,"
1120, Tulane University, Department of Economics.
- Nancy Birdsall & Nora Lustig & Darryl McLeod, 2011. "Declining inequality in Latin America: Some economics, some politics," Working Papers 201, ECINEQ, Society for the Study of Economic Inequality.
- Giovanni Andrea Cornia, 2010.
"Income Distribution under Latin America's New Left Regimes,"
Journal of Human Development and Capabilities,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 11(1), pages 85-114.
- Giovanni Andrea cornia, 2009. "Income Distribution under Latin America’s New Left Regimes," Working Papers - Economics wp2009_16.rdf, Universita' degli Studi di Firenze, Dipartimento di Scienze per l'Economia e l'Impresa.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Armando Barrientos & Juan Miguel Villa, 2014. "Economic and political inclusion of human development conditional transfer programmes in Latin America?," Brooks World Poverty Institute Working Paper Series 20014, BWPI, The University of Manchester.
- Tony Addison & Rachel Gisselquist & Miguel NiÃ±o-ZarazÃºa & Saurabh Singhal, 2015.
"Needs vs Expediency - Poverty Reduction and Social Development in Post-Conflict Countries,"
- Addison Tony & Niño-Zarazúa Miguel & Singhal Saurabh & Gisselquist Rachel M., 2015. "Needs vs expediency: Poverty reduction and social development in post-conflict countries," WIDER Working Paper Series UNU-WIDER Research Paper , World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Armando Barrientos, 2013. "Human Development Income Transfers in the Longer Term," Working Papers 116, International Policy Centre for Inclusive Growth.
More about this item
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2013-10-02 (All new papers)
- NEP-LAM-2013-10-02 (Central & South America)
- NEP-PKE-2013-10-02 (Post Keynesian Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bwp:bwppap:18213. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Rowena Harding). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/wpmanuk.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.