Tracking the future on the web: construction of leading indicators using internet searches
Download full text from publisher
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Vicente, María Rosalía & López-Menéndez, Ana J. & Pérez, Rigoberto, 2015. "Forecasting unemployment with internet search data: Does it help to improve predictions when job destruction is skyrocketing?," Technological Forecasting and Social Change, Elsevier, vol. 92(C), pages 132-139.
- repec:eee:intfor:v:33:y:2017:i:4:p:801-816 is not listed on IDEAS
- Steven L. Scott & Hal R. Varian, 2015.
"Bayesian Variable Selection for Nowcasting Economic Time Series,"
NBER Chapters,in: Economic Analysis of the Digital Economy, pages 119-135
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Steven L. Scott & Hal R. Varian, 2013. "Bayesian Variable Selection for Nowcasting Economic Time Series," NBER Working Papers 19567, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Azusa Matsumoto & Kohei Matsumura & Noriyuki Shiraki, 2013. "Potential of Search Data in Assessment of Current Economic Conditions," Bank of Japan Research Papers 2013-04-18, Bank of Japan.
More about this item
Keywordskeyword; Google; forecasting; nowcasting; tourism;
- C22 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Time-Series Models; Dynamic Quantile Regressions; Dynamic Treatment Effect Models; Diffusion Processes
- C53 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric Modeling - - - Forecasting and Prediction Models; Simulation Methods
- C82 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Data Collection and Data Estimation Methodology; Computer Programs - - - Methodology for Collecting, Estimating, and Organizing Macroeconomic Data; Data Access
- E17 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - General Aggregative Models - - - Forecasting and Simulation: Models and Applications
- E37 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Prices, Business Fluctuations, and Cycles - - - Forecasting and Simulation: Models and Applications
- L83 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Services - - - Sports; Gambling; Restaurants; Recreation; Tourism
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bde:opaper:1203. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (María Beiro. Electronic Dissemination of Information Unit. Research Department. Banco de España). General contact details of provider: http://www.bde.es/ .
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .