Policy Uncertainty and Informational Monopolies: The Case of Monetary Policy
In this paper we have presented a model in which perfectly enticipated inflation is superneutral: if the variance of the money (or the growth rate of the money supply in the dynamic interpretation) supply is zero, the real equilibrium is independent of the mean of the money supply.
|Date of creation:||1997|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: UNIVERSITY OF WISCONSIN MADISON, SOCIAL SYSTEMS RESEARCH INSTITUTE(S.S.R.I.), MADISON WISCONSIN 53706 U.S.A.|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Lach, Saul & Tsiddon, Daniel, 1992. "The Behavior of Prices and Inflation: An Empirical Analysis of Disaggregated Price Data," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 100(2), pages 349-89, April.
- Boyan Jovanovic & Masako Ueda, 1996.
"Contracts and Money,"
NBER Working Papers
5637, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Stanley Fischer, 1991. "Growth, Macroeconomics, and Development," NBER Working Papers 3702, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Peter A. Diamond, 1993.
"Search, Sticky Prices, and Inflation,"
Review of Economic Studies,
Oxford University Press, vol. 60(1), pages 53-68.
- Casella, Alessandra & Feinstein, Jonathan S, 1990. "Economic Exchange during Hyperinflation," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 98(1), pages 1-27, February.
- Kennan, J. & Wilson, R., 1991.
"Bargaining with Private Information,"
90-01rev, University of Iowa, Department of Economics.
- Ayse Imrohoroglu & Edward C. Prescott, 1991.
"Seigniorage as a tax: a quantitative evaluation,"
132, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis.
- Ayse Imrohoroglu & Edward C. Prescott, 1991. "Seigniorage as a tax: a quantitative evaluation," Proceedings, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland, pages 462-482.
- Imrohoruglu, Ayse & Prescott, Edward C, 1991. "Seigniorage as a Tax: A Quantitative Evaluation," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 23(3), pages 462-75, August.
- Fischer, S., 1991. "Growth, Macroeconomics, and Development," Working papers 580, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Department of Economics.
- Jose De Gregorio & Federico Sturzenegger, 1994. "Credit Markets and the Welfare Costs of Inflation," NBER Working Papers 4873, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Robert E. Lucas, Jr. & Michael Woodford, 1993. "Real Effects of Monetary Shocks in an Economy with Sequential Purchases," NBER Working Papers 4250, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Roger B. Myerson & Mark A. Satterthwaite, 1981.
"Efficient Mechanisms for Bilateral Trading,"
469S, Northwestern University, Center for Mathematical Studies in Economics and Management Science.
- Kormendi, Roger C. & Meguire, Philip G., 1985. "Macroeconomic determinants of growth: Cross-country evidence," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 16(2), pages 141-163, September.
- Lucas, Robert Jr., 1972. "Expectations and the neutrality of money," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 4(2), pages 103-124, April.
- Samuelson, William F, 1984. "Bargaining under Asymmetric Information," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 52(4), pages 995-1005, July.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:att:wimass:9715. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ailsenne Sumwalt)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.