Non-Arbitrage up to Random Horizon for Semimartingale Models
This paper addresses the question of how an arbitrage-free semimartingale model is affected when stopped at a random horizon. We focus on No-Unbounded-Profit-with-Bounded-Risk (called NUPBR hereafter) concept, which is also known in the literature as the first kind of non-arbitrage. For this non-arbitrage notion, we obtain two principal results. The first result lies in describing the pairs of market model and random time for which the resulting stopped model fulfills NUPBR condition. The second main result characterises the random time models that preserve the NUPBR property after stopping for any market model. These results are elaborated in a very general market model, and we also pay attention to some particular and practical models. The analysis that drives these results is based on new stochastic developments in semimartingale theory with progressive enlargement. Furthermore, we construct explicit martingale densities (deflators) for some classes of local martingales when stopped at random time.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Robert C. Merton, 1973. "Theory of Rational Option Pricing," Bell Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 4(1), pages 141-183, Spring.
- Ashkan Nikeghbali & Eckhard Platen, 2013. "A reading guide for last passage times with financial applications in view," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 17(3), pages 615-640, July.
- Freddy Delbaen & Walter Schachermayer, 1998. "A Simple Counterexample to Several Problems in the Theory of Asset Pricing," Mathematical Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 8(1), pages 1-11.
- Harrison, J. Michael & Kreps, David M., 1979. "Martingales and arbitrage in multiperiod securities markets," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 20(3), pages 381-408, June.
- Tahir Choulli & Christophe Stricker & Jia Li, 2007. "Minimal Hellinger martingale measures of order q," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 11(3), pages 399-427, July.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:arx:papers:1310.1142. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (arXiv administrators)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.