Hedging under multiple risk constraints
Motivated by the asset-liability management of a nuclear power plant operator, we consider the problem of finding the least expensive portfolio, which outperforms a given set of stochastic benchmarks. For a specified loss function, the expected shortfall with respect to each of the benchmarks weighted by this loss function must remain bounded by a given threshold. We consider different alternative formulations of this problem in a complete market setting, establish the relationship between these formulations, present a general resolution methodology via dynamic programming in a non-Markovian context and give explicit solutions in special cases.
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- El Karoui, Nicole & Jeanblanc, Monique & Lacoste, Vincent, 2005. "Optimal portfolio management with American capital guarantee," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 29(3), pages 449-468, March.
- Detemple, Jérôme & Rindisbacher, Marcel, 2008. "Dynamic asset liability management with tolerance for limited shortfalls," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 43(3), pages 281-294, December.
- Gundel, Anne & Weber, Stefan, 2007. "Robust utility maximization with limited downside risk in incomplete markets," Stochastic Processes and their Applications, Elsevier, vol. 117(11), pages 1663-1688, November.
- Hans FÃllmer & Peter Leukert, 1999. "Quantile hedging," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 3(3), pages 251-273.
- Martellini, Lionel & Milhau, Vincent, 2012. "Dynamic allocation decisions in the presence of funding ratio constraints," Journal of Pension Economics and Finance, Cambridge University Press, vol. 11(04), pages 549-580, October.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:arx:papers:1309.5094. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (arXiv administrators)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.