Superreplication under Model Uncertainty in Discrete Time
We study the superreplication of contingent claims under model uncertainty in discrete time. We show that optimal superreplicating strategies exist in a general measure-theoretic setting; moreover, we characterize the minimal superreplication price as the supremum over all continuous linear pricing functionals on a suitable Banach space. The main ingredient is a closedness result for the set of claims which can be superreplicated from zero capital; its proof relies on medial limits.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Frank Riedel, 2011.
"Finance without Probabilistic Prior Assumptions,"
Center for Mathematical Economics Working Papers
450, Center for Mathematical Economics, Bielefeld University.
- Pierre Henry-Labordere & Jan Obloj & Peter Spoida & Nizar Touzi, 2013. "Maximum Maximum of Martingales given Marginals," Working Papers hal-00684005, HAL.
- Ariel Neufeld & Marcel Nutz, 2012. "Superreplication under Volatility Uncertainty for Measurable Claims," Papers 1208.6486, arXiv.org, revised Apr 2013.
- Marcel Nutz & H. Mete Soner, 2010. "Superhedging and Dynamic Risk Measures under Volatility Uncertainty," Papers 1011.2958, arXiv.org, revised Jun 2012.
- Bruno Bouchard & Ludovic Moreau & Marcel Nutz, 2012. "Stochastic target games with controlled loss," Papers 1206.6325, arXiv.org, revised Apr 2014.
- Pierre Henry-Labordere & Jan Obloj & Peter Spoida & Nizar Touzi, 2012. "The maximum maximum of a martingale with given n marginals," Papers 1203.6877, arXiv.org, revised Sep 2014.
- J. Jacod & A.N. Shiryaev, 1998. "Local martingales and the fundamental asset pricing theorems in the discrete-time case," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 2(3), pages 259-273.
- Mathias Beiglb\"ock & Pierre Henry-Labord\`ere & Friedrich Penkner, 2011. "Model-independent Bounds for Option Prices: A Mass Transport Approach," Papers 1106.5929, arXiv.org, revised Feb 2013.
- David G. Hobson, 1998. "Robust hedging of the lookback option," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 2(4), pages 329-347.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:arx:papers:1301.3227. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (arXiv administrators)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.