Arbitrage and duality in nondominated discrete-time models
We consider a nondominated model of a discrete-time financial market where stocks are traded dynamically, and options are available for static hedging. In a general measure-theoretic setting, we show that absence of arbitrage in a quasi-sure sense is equivalent to the existence of a suitable family of martingale measures. In the arbitrage-free case, we show that optimal superhedging strategies exist for general contingent claims, and that the minimal superhedging price is given by the supremum over the martingale measures. Moreover, we obtain a nondominated version of the Optional Decomposition Theorem.
|Date of creation:||May 2013|
|Date of revision:||Mar 2015|
|Publication status:||Published in Annals of Applied Probability 2015, Vol. 25, No. 2, 823-859|
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://arxiv.org/|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Marcel Nutz & Jianfeng Zhang, 2012. "Optimal stopping under adverse nonlinear expectation and related games," Papers 1212.2140, arXiv.org, revised Sep 2015.
- Marcel Nutz & H. Mete Soner, 2010. "Superhedging and Dynamic Risk Measures under Volatility Uncertainty," Papers 1011.2958, arXiv.org, revised Jun 2012.
- J. Jacod & A.N. Shiryaev, 1998. "Local martingales and the fundamental asset pricing theorems in the discrete-time case," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 2(3), pages 259-273.
- Breeden, Douglas T & Litzenberger, Robert H, 1978. "Prices of State-contingent Claims Implicit in Option Prices," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 51(4), pages 621-51, October.
- Yan Dolinsky, 2013. "Hedging of Game Options under Model Uncertainty in Discrete Time," Papers 1304.3574, arXiv.org.
- Haydyn Brown & David Hobson & L. C. G. Rogers, 2001. "Robust Hedging of Barrier Options," Mathematical Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 11(3), pages 285-314.
- Yan Dolinsky & H. Mete Soner, 2013. "Robust Hedging with Proportional Transaction Costs," Papers 1302.0590, arXiv.org, revised Aug 2013.
- Alexander Cox & Jan Obłój, 2011. "Robust pricing and hedging of double no-touch options," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 15(3), pages 573-605, September.
- Peter Carr & Katrina Ellis & Vishal Gupta, 1998. "Static Hedging of Exotic Options," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 53(3), pages 1165-1190, 06.
- Pierre Henry-Labordere & Nizar Touzi, 2013. "An Explicit Martingale Version of Brenier's Theorem," Papers 1302.4854, arXiv.org, revised Apr 2013.
- David G. Hobson, 1998. "Robust hedging of the lookback option," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 2(4), pages 329-347.
- Dylan Possama\"i & Guillaume Royer & Nizar Touzi, 2013. "On the Robust superhedging of measurable claims," Papers 1302.1850, arXiv.org, revised Feb 2013.
- Ariel Neufeld & Marcel Nutz, 2012. "Superreplication under Volatility Uncertainty for Measurable Claims," Papers 1208.6486, arXiv.org, revised Apr 2013.
- Beatrice Acciaio & Mathias Beiglb\"ock & Friedrich Penkner & Walter Schachermayer, 2013. "A model-free version of the fundamental theorem of asset pricing and the super-replication theorem," Papers 1301.5568, arXiv.org, revised Mar 2013.
- Marcel Nutz, 2013. "Superreplication under Model Uncertainty in Discrete Time," Papers 1301.3227, arXiv.org, revised Feb 2014.
- Pierre Henry-Labordere & Nizar Touzi, 2013. "An Explicit Martingale Version of Brenier's Theorem," Working Papers hal-00790001, HAL.
- Cousot, Laurent, 2007. "Conditions on option prices for absence of arbitrage and exact calibration," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 31(11), pages 3377-3397, November.
- Hans Buehler, 2006. "Expensive martingales," Quantitative Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 6(3), pages 207-218.
- Kramkov, D.O., 1994. "Optional decomposition of supermartingales and hedging contingent claims in incomplete security markets," Discussion Paper Serie B 294, University of Bonn, Germany.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:arx:papers:1305.6008. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (arXiv administrators)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.