Information Percolation: Some General Cases with an Application to Econophysics
We describe, at the microscopic level, the dynamics of N interacting components where the probability is very small when N is large that a given component interact more than once, directly or indirectly, up to time t, with any other component. Due to this fact, we can consider, at the macroscopic level, the quadratic system of differential equations associated with the interaction and establish an explicit formula for the solution of this system. We moreover apply our results to some models of Econophysics.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Darrell Duffie & Semyon Malamud & Gustavo Manso, 2009.
"Information Percolation With Equilibrium Search Dynamics,"
Econometric Society, vol. 77(5), pages 1513-1574, 09.
- Darrell DUFFIE & Semyon MALAMUD & Gustavo MANSO, "undated". "Information Percolation with Equilibrium Search Dynamics," Swiss Finance Institute Research Paper Series 09-02, Swiss Finance Institute.
- Duffie, Darrell & Sun, Yeneng, 2012. "The exact law of large numbers for independent random matching," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 147(3), pages 1105-1139.
- Darrell Duffie & Yeneng Sun, 2004. "The Exact Law of Large Numbers for Independent Random Matching," Levine's Bibliography 122247000000000328, UCLA Department of Economics.
- Darrell Duffie & Yeneng Sun, 2011. "The Exact Law of Large Numbers for Independent Random Matching," NBER Working Papers 17280, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Darrell Duffie & Gaston Giroux & Gustavo Manso, 2010. "Information Percolation," American Economic Journal: Microeconomics, American Economic Association, vol. 2(1), pages 100-111, February.
- Gustavo Manso & Gaston Giroux & Darrell Duffie, 2008. "Information Percolation," 2008 Meeting Papers 471, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Darrell Duffie & Gustavo Manso, 2007. "Information Percolation in Large Markets," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 97(2), pages 203-209, May. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:arx:papers:1202.5251. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (arXiv administrators)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.