Estimating collaborative profits under varying partner characteristics and strategies
Horizontal logistic collaboration leads to large profits when the right coalition is formed. Most of the previous research however explains the profit differences using market conditions on coalitional level. We show that the level of profit is highly dependent on finding a correct combination of partners. By estimating a model using the average order size, number of orders and maximal delay of each partner separately, as well as the interaction effects of these parameters, the possible number of profitable situations that can be identified significantly increases. Finally, it is demonstrated that cost allocation plays an important role when selecting a partner to collaborate with.
|Date of creation:||Dec 2013|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Prinsstraat 13, B-2000 Antwerpen|
Web page: https://www.uantwerp.be/en/faculties/applied-economic-sciences/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Guajardo, Mario & Rönnqvist, Mikael & Halvorsen, Ann Mari & Kallevik, Svein Inge, 2012. "Inventory management of spare parts in an energy company," Discussion Papers 2012/6, Department of Business and Management Science, Norwegian School of Economics.
- Palhazi Cuervo, Daniel & Goos, Peter & Sörensen, Kenneth & Arráiz, Emely, 2014.
"An iterated local search algorithm for the vehicle routing problem with backhauls,"
European Journal of Operational Research,
Elsevier, vol. 237(2), pages 454-464.
- CUERVO, Daniel Palhazi & GOOS, Peter & SÖRENSEN, Kenneth & ARRÁIZ, Emely, 2013. "An iterated local search algorithm for the vehicle routing problem with backhauls," Working Papers 2013010, University of Antwerp, Faculty of Applied Economics.
- Frisk, Mikael & Göthe-Lundgren, Maud & Jörnsten, Kurt & Rönnqvist, Mikael, 2006.
"Cost allocation in collaborative forest transportation,"
2006/15, Department of Business and Management Science, Norwegian School of Economics.
- Frisk, M. & Göthe-Lundgren, M. & Jörnsten, K. & Rönnqvist, M., 2010. "Cost allocation in collaborative forest transportation," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 205(2), pages 448-458, September.
- Aumann, Robert J. & Maschler, Michael, 1985. "Game theoretic analysis of a bankruptcy problem from the Talmud," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 36(2), pages 195-213, August.
- Le Blanc, H.M. & Cruijssen, F.C.A.M. & Fleuren, H.A. & de Koster, M.B.M., 2004.
"Factory Gate Pricing : An Analysis of the Dutch Retail Distribution,"
2004-35, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- le Blanc, H.M. & Cruijssen, F. & Fleuren, H.A. & de Koster, M.B.M., 2006. "Factory gate pricing: An analysis of the Dutch retail distribution," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 174(3), pages 1950-1967, November.
- Bart W. Wiegmans, 2005. "Evaluation of Potentially Successful Barge Innovations," Transport Reviews, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 25(5), pages 573-589, February.
- Cruijssen, F.C.A.M. & Braysy, O. & Dullaert, W. & Fleuren, H.A. & Salomon, M., 2006. "Joint Route Planning under Varying Market Conditions," Discussion Paper 2006-49, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Hageback, Charlotte & Segerstedt, Anders, 2004. "The need for co-distribution in rural areas--a study of Pajala in Sweden," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 89(2), pages 153-163, May.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ant:wpaper:2013031. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joeri Nys)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.