O Pensamento De Hyman P. Minsky: Alterações De Percurso E Atualidade
This paper proposes that, in spite of some fundamental invariant aspects, the way of exposition of the Minsky's work central concept - the so called Financial Instability Hypothesis - changed significantly throughout his academic productive period; furthermore it assesses the traditional way this concept is exposed does not incorporate important elements from the latest and more mature Minsky's contributions. The paper still states this canonical way to be insufficient to treat contemporary financial crisis phenomenon for lack of updating which incorporates recent institucional changes.
|Date of creation:||2005|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Secretaria da ANPEC Rua Prof Marcos Valdemar de Freitas Reis s/n Campus do Gragoatá Bloco F Niterói, RJ 24210-201 Brazil|
Phone: 55 21 3674 7952
Web page: http://www.anpec.org.br
More information through EDIRC
|Order Information:|| Postal: Secretaria da ANPEC Rua Prof Marcos Valdemar de Freitas Reis s/n Campus do Gragoatá Bloco F Niterói, RJ 24210-201 Brazil|
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Ferri, Piero & Minsky, Hyman P., 1992.
"Market processes and thwarting systems,"
Structural Change and Economic Dynamics,
Elsevier, vol. 3(1), pages 79-91, June.
- Paul Davidson, 1994. "Post Keynesian Macroeconomic Theory," Books, Edward Elgar Publishing, number 124.
- Gerald P. Dwyer, Jr. & R.W. Hafer, 1988. "The stock market--bubbles, volatility and chaos : proceedings of the thirteenth annual Economic Policy Conference, held on October 21-22, 1988," Proceedings, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.
- Milton Friedman & L. J. Savage, 1948. "The Utility Analysis of Choices Involving Risk," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 56, pages 279.
- Vercelli,Allessandro, 1991. "Methodological Foundations of Macroeconomics," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521392945, June.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:anp:en2005:009. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Rodrigo Zadra Armond)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.