Tillage Systems, Cropping Practices, Farm Characteristics And Efficiency
This paper examines the technical efficiency (TE) of a sample of farms in North-Central Kansas practicing conventional and no-till practices. A stochastic frontier production model with technical inefficiency effects is used to obtain individual farm TE values and to explain sources of technical inefficiency. The results indicate that TE is not impacted by no-till practices. Revised paper posted to AgEcon Search 02/11/04
|Date of creation:||2004|
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.saea.org/|
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Meredith J. Soule & Abebayehu Tegene & Keith D. Wiebe, 2000. "Land Tenure and the Adoption of Conservation Practices," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 82(4), pages 993-1005.
- Martine AUDIBERT, 1996. "Technical inefficiency effects among paddy farmers at the 'Office du Niger', Mali, West Africa," Working Papers 199613, CERDI.
- Fuglie, Keith O., 1999. "Conservation Tillage and Pesticide Use in the Cornbelt," Journal of Agricultural and Applied Economics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 31(01), pages 133-147, April.
- Jeffery R. Williams & Richard V. Llewelyn & G. Art Barnaby, 1990. "Risk Analysis of Tillage Alternatives with Government Programs," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 72(1), pages 172-181.
- Fuglie, Keith O., 1999. "Conservation Tillage And Pesticide Use In The Cornbelt," Journal of Agricultural and Applied Economics, Southern Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 31(01), April.
- Aigner, Dennis & Lovell, C. A. Knox & Schmidt, Peter, 1977. "Formulation and estimation of stochastic frontier production function models," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 6(1), pages 21-37, July.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:saeaft:34632. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.