Harnessing the Forces of Urban Expansion –The Public Economics of Farmland Development Allowence
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Nancy H. Chau & Weiwen Zhang, 2011. "Harnessing the Forces of Urban Expansion: The Public Economics of Farmland Development Allowances," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 87(3), pages 488-507.
- Chau, Nancy H. & Zhang, Weiwen, 2011. "Harnessing the Forces of Urban Expansion - The Public Economics of Farmland Development Allowance," Discussion Papers 99416, University of Bonn, Center for Development Research (ZEF).
References listed on IDEAS
- Charles M. Tiebout, 1956. "A Pure Theory of Local Expenditures," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 64, pages 416-416.
- Xiaobo Zhang & Timothy Mount & Richard Boisvert, 2004.
"Industrialization, urbanization and land use in China,"
Journal of Chinese Economic and Business Studies,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 2(3), pages 207-224.
- Zhang, Xiaobo & Mount, Tim D. & Boisvert, Richard N., 2000. "Industrialization, urbanization, and land use in China:," EPTD discussion papers 58, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Timothy Besley & Robin Burgess, 2002.
"The Political Economy of Government Responsiveness: Theory and Evidence from India,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 117(4), pages 1415-1451.
- Timothy Besley & Robin Burgess, 2000. "The Political Economy of Government Responsiveness: Theory and Evidence from India," STICERD - Development Economics Papers - From 2008 this series has been superseded by Economic Organisation and Public Policy Discussion Papers 28, Suntory and Toyota International Centres for Economics and Related Disciplines, LSE.
- Besley, Timothy & Burgess, Robin, 2000. "The political economy of government responsiveness: theory and evidence from India," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 2308, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Besley, Timothy J. & Burgess, Robin, 2001. "The Political Economy of Government Responsiveness: Theory and Evidence from India," CEPR Discussion Papers 2721, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Maurice Obstfeld, 1998.
"The Global Capital Market: Benefactor or Menace?,"
Journal of Economic Perspectives,
American Economic Association, vol. 12(4), pages 9-30, Fall.
- Maurice Obstfeld., 1998. "The Global Capital Market: Benefactor or Menace?," Center for International and Development Economics Research (CIDER) Working Papers C98-098, University of California at Berkeley.
- Maurice Obstfeld, 2000. "The Global Capital Market: Benefactor or Menace?," International Finance 0004001, EconWPA.
- Maurice Obstfeld, 1998. "The Global Capital Market: Benefactor or Menace?," NBER Working Papers 6559, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Obstfeld, Maurice, 1998. "The Global Capital Market: Benefactor or Menace?," Center for International and Development Economics Research, Working Paper Series qt3kn3n2s8, Center for International and Development Economics Research, Institute for Business and Economic Research, UC Berkeley.
- Swinnen, Johan F. M., 2002. "Land reform in Russia: constraints and policy implications," Economic Systems, Elsevier, vol. 26(2), pages 159-162, June.
- Ding, Chengri & Lichtenberg, Erik, 2008. "Using Land to Promote Urban Economic Growth in China," Working Papers 36748, University of Maryland, Department of Agricultural and Resource Economics.
- Fan, Shenggen & Zhang, Xiaobo, 2004. "Infrastructure and regional economic development in rural China," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 15(2), pages 203-214.
- Zhang, Tao & Zou, Heng-fu, 1998.
"Fiscal decentralization, public spending, and economic growth in China,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 67(2), pages 221-240, February.
- Tao Zhang & Heng-fu Zou, 1996. "Fiscal decentralization, public spending, and economic growth in China," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1608, The World Bank.
- Tao Zhang & Heng-fu Zou, 2001. "Fiscal decentralization, public spending, and economic growth in China," CEMA Working Papers 58, China Economics and Management Academy, Central University of Finance and Economics.
- Hui Wang & Ran Tao & Juer Tong, 2009. "Trading Land Development Rights under a Planned Land Use System: The "Zhejiang Model"," China & World Economy, Institute of World Economics and Politics, Chinese Academy of Social Sciences, vol. 17(1), pages 66-82.
- Laffont, Jean-Jacques & Qian, Yingyi, 1999. "The dynamics of reform and development in China: A political economy perspective," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 43(4-6), pages 1105-1114, April.
- Zodrow, George R. & Mieszkowski, Peter, 1986. "Pigou, Tiebout, property taxation, and the underprovision of local public goods," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 19(3), pages 356-370, May.
- Wu, Ziping & Liu, Minquan & Davis, John, 2005. "Land consolidation and productivity in Chinese household crop production," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 16(1), pages 28-49.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Dennis Rodgers & Jo Beall & Ravi Kanbur, 2011.
"Latin American Urban Development into the 21st Century Towards a Renewed Perspective on the City,"
WIDER Working Paper Series
005, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Rodgers, Dennis & Beall, Jo & Kanbur, Ravi, 2011. "LATIN AMERICAN URBAN DEVELOPMENT INTO THE 21ST CENTURY: Towards a Renewed Perspective on the City," Working Papers 126532, Cornell University, Department of Applied Economics and Management.
- Wen Wang & Fangzhi Ye, 2016. "The Political Economy of Land Finance in China," Public Budgeting & Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 36(2), pages 91-110, June.
- Khantachavana, Sivalai V. & Turvey, Calum G. & Kong, Rong & Xia, Xianli, 2013. "On the transaction values of land use rights in rural China," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 41(3), pages 863-878.
More about this item
Keywordsland development allowance; fiscal decentralization; inter-jurisdictional competi- tion; agricultural development.; Community/Rural/Urban Development; Land Economics/Use; Public Economics; H11; H77; P35; R5; R14; H11; O18;
- O18 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Urban, Rural, Regional, and Transportation Analysis; Housing; Infrastructure
- R58 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Regional Government Analysis - - - Regional Development Planning and Policy
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:cudawp:126964. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/dacorus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.