Efficiency Effects of Access to Information on Small Scale Agriculture: Empirical Evidence from Uganda
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Federico Belotti & Silvio Daidone & Giuseppe Ilardi & Vincenzo Atella, 2013. "Stochastic frontier analysis using Stata," Stata Journal, StataCorp LP, vol. 13(4), pages 718-758, December.
- Malte Reimers & Stephan Klasen, 2013.
"Revisiting the Role of Education for Agricultural Productivity,"
American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 95(1), pages 131-152.
- Malte Reimers & Stephan Klasen, 2011. "Revisiting the Role of Education for Agricultural Productivity," Courant Research Centre: Poverty, Equity and Growth - Discussion Papers 90, Courant Research Centre PEG.
- Malte Reimers & Stephan Klasen, 2011. "Revisiting the Role of Education for Agricultural Productivity," Ibero America Institute for Econ. Research (IAI) Discussion Papers 214, Ibero-America Institute for Economic Research, revised 27 Jul 2012.
- Hung-jen Wang & Peter Schmidt, 2002.
"One-Step and Two-Step Estimation of the Effects of Exogenous Variables on Technical Efficiency Levels,"
Journal of Productivity Analysis, Springer, vol. 18(2), pages 129-144, September.
- Wang, Hung-jen & Schmidt, Peter, 2001. "One-step and two-step estimation of the effects of exogenous variables on technical efficiency levels," MPRA Paper 31075, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised Mar 2002.
- Jeffrey D. Michler & Gerald E. Shively, 2015. "Land Tenure, Tenure Security and Farm Efficiency: Panel Evidence from the Philippines," Journal of Agricultural Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 66(1), pages 155-169, February.
- Battese, G E & Coelli, T J, 1995. "A Model for Technical Inefficiency Effects in a Stochastic Frontier Production Function for Panel Data," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 20(2), pages 325-332.
- Greene, William, 2005. "Reconsidering heterogeneity in panel data estimators of the stochastic frontier model," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 126(2), pages 269-303, June.
- Kumbhakar, Subal C & Ghosh, Soumendra & McGuckin, J Thomas, 1991. "A Generalized Production Frontier Approach for Estimating Determinants of Inefficiency in U.S. Dairy Farms," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 9(3), pages 279-286, July.
- Geertz, Clifford, 1978. "The Bazaar Economy: Information and Search in Peasant Marketing," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 68(2), pages 28-32, May.
- Mignouna, D.B. & Mutabazi, K.D.S. & Senkondo, E.M. & Manyong, Victor M., 2010. "Adoption of a New Maize and Production Efficiency in Western Kenya," 2010 AAAE Third Conference/AEASA 48th Conference, September 19-23, 2010, Cape Town, South Africa 96160, African Association of Agricultural Economists (AAAE).
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Yakubu Abdul-Salam & Euan Phimister, 2017. "Efficiency Effects of Access to Information on Small-scale Agriculture: Empirical Evidence from Uganda using Stochastic Frontier and IRT Models," Journal of Agricultural Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 68(2), pages 494-517, June.
- Giovanni Marin & Alessandro Palma, 2015.
"Technology invention and diffusion in residential energy consumption. A stochastic frontier approach,"
SEEDS Working Papers
1415, SEEDS, Sustainability Environmental Economics and Dynamics Studies, revised Sep 2015.
- Marin, Giovanni & Palma, Alessandro, 2016. "Technology Invention and Diffusion in Residential Energy Consumption. A Stochastic Frontier Approach," Energy: Resources and Markets 230687, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei (FEEM).
- Giovanni Marin & Alessandro Palma, 2015. "Technology invention and diffusion in residential energy consumption. A stochastic frontier approach," IEFE Working Papers 81, IEFE, Center for Research on Energy and Environmental Economics and Policy, Universita' Bocconi, Milano, Italy.
- Giovanni Marin & Alessandro Palma, 2015. "Technology Invention and Diffusion in Residential Energy Consumption. A Stochastic Frontier Approach," Working Papers 2015.104, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Victor Moutinho & Mara Madaleno, 2021. "Assessing Eco-Efficiency in Asian and African Countries Using Stochastic Frontier Analysis," Energies, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 14(4), pages 1-17, February.
- Federica VIGANO & Andrea SALUSTRI, 2015.
"Matching profit and Non-profit Needs: How NPOs and Cooperative Contribute to Growth in Time of Crisis. A Quantitative Approach,"
Annals of Public and Cooperative Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 86(1), pages 157-178, March.
- Gloria ESTAPE-DUBREUIL & Consol TORREGUITART-MIRADA, 2015. "Governance Mechanisms, Social Performance Disclosure and Performance in Microfinance: Does Legal Status Matter?," Annals of Public and Cooperative Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 86(1), pages 137-155, March.
- Jurgen WILLEMS & Stijn VAN PUYVELDE & Marc JEGERS & Tim VANTILBORGH & Jemima BIDEE & Roland PEPERMANS, 2015. "Exploring Board Interlocking Behaviour between Nonprofit Organizations," Annals of Public and Cooperative Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 86(1), pages 73-88, March.
- Ronelle BURGER & Indraneel DASGUPTA & Trudy OWENS, 2015. "Why Pay NGOs to Involve the Community?," Annals of Public and Cooperative Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 86(1), pages 7-31, March.
- Cecilia NAVARRA & Elena VALLINO, 2015. "Who Had the Idea to Build Up a Village Organization? Some Evidence from Senegal and Burkina Faso," Annals of Public and Cooperative Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 86(1), pages 33-72, March.
- Leonardo BECCHETTI & Fabio PISANI, 2015. "The Determinants of Outreach Performance of Social Business: an Inquiry on Italian Social Cooperatives," Annals of Public and Cooperative Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 86(1), pages 105-136, March.
- Mariarosaria Agostino & Sabrina Ruberto & Francesco Trivieri, 2018. "Lasting lending relationships and technical efficiency. Evidence on European SMEs," Journal of Productivity Analysis, Springer, vol. 50(1), pages 25-40, October.
- Jorge Galán & Helena Veiga & Michael Wiper, 2014.
"Bayesian estimation of inefficiency heterogeneity in stochastic frontier models,"
Journal of Productivity Analysis, Springer, vol. 42(1), pages 85-101, August.
- Wiper, Michael Peter & Galán Camacho, Jorge Eduardo & Lopes Moreira Da Veiga, María Helena, 2012. "Bayesian estimation of inefficiency heterogeneity in stochastic frontier models," DES - Working Papers. Statistics and Econometrics. WS ws121007, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid. Departamento de Estadística.
- Galán, Jorge E. & Veiga, Helena & Wiper, Michael P., 2012. "Bayesian Estimation of Inefficiency Heterogeneity in Stochastic Frontier Models," Efficiency Series Papers 2012/03, University of Oviedo, Department of Economics, Oviedo Efficiency Group (OEG).
- Gralka, Sabine, 2018. "Stochastic frontier analysis in higher education: A systematic review," CEPIE Working Papers 05/18, Technische Universität Dresden, Center of Public and International Economics (CEPIE).
- Paul, Satya & Shankar, Sriram, 2018. "Modelling Efficiency Effects in a True Fixed Effects Stochastic Frontier," MPRA Paper 87437, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Filippini, Massimo & Wetzel, Heike, 2014.
"The impact of ownership unbundling on cost efficiency: Empirical evidence from the New Zealand electricity distribution sector,"
Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 45(C), pages 412-418.
- Filippini, Massimo & Wetzel, Heike, 2013. "The Impact of Ownership Unbundling on Cost Efficiency: Empirical Evidence from the New Zealand Electricity Distribution Sector," EWI Working Papers 2013-6, Energiewirtschaftliches Institut an der Universitaet zu Koeln (EWI).
- Leadaut Edith Prisca Togba, 2016. "Analysis of the Cost-Efficiency of Microfinance Institutions in the West African Economic Monetary Union Area," Working Papers 324, African Economic Research Consortium, Research Department.
- Satya Paul & Sriram Shankar, 2020. "Estimating efficiency effects in a panel data stochastic frontier model," Journal of Productivity Analysis, Springer, vol. 53(2), pages 163-180, April.
- Sugathan, Anish & Malghan, Deepak & Chandrashekar, S. & Sinha, Deepak K., 2019. "Downstream electric utility restructuring and upstream generation efficiency: Productivity dynamics of Indian coal and gas based electricity generators," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 178(C), pages 832-852.
- Zhongqi Deng & Qianyu Zhao & Helen X. H. Bao, 2020. "The Impact of Urbanization on Farmland Productivity: Implications for China’s Requisition–Compensation Balance of Farmland Policy," Land, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 9(9), pages 1-24, September.
- Zhou, Jianhua & Parmeter, Christopher F. & Kumbhakar, Subal C., 2020. "Nonparametric estimation of the determinants of inefficiency in the presence of firm heterogeneity," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 286(3), pages 1142-1152.
- Antti Saastamoinen, 2015. "Heteroscedasticity Or Production Risk? A Synthetic View," Journal of Economic Surveys, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 29(3), pages 459-478, July.
- Holtkamp, A.M. & Brummer, B., 2018. "Environmental efficiency of smallholder rubber production," 2018 Conference, July 28-August 2, 2018, Vancouver, British Columbia 277518, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Barros, Carlos Pestana & Williams, Jonathan, 2013. "The random parameters stochastic frontier cost function and the effectiveness of public policy: Evidence from bank restructuring in Mexico," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 30(C), pages 98-108.
- Ceyhun Elgin & Selman Çakır, 2015.
"Technological progress and scientific indicators: a panel data analysis,"
Economics of Innovation and New Technology, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 24(3), pages 263-281, April.
- Ceyhun Elgin & Selman Cakir, 2014. "Technological Progress and Scienti?c Indicators: A Panel Data Analysis," Working Papers 2014/06, Bogazici University, Department of Economics.
- Yang, Zhenbing & Shao, Shuai & Li, Chengyu & Yang, Lili, 2020. "Alleviating the misallocation of R&D inputs in China's manufacturing sector: From the perspectives of factor-biased technological innovation and substitution elasticity," Technological Forecasting and Social Change, Elsevier, vol. 151(C).
- Christopher F. Parmeter & Hung-Jen Wang & Subal C. Kumbhakar, 2017. "Nonparametric estimation of the determinants of inefficiency," Journal of Productivity Analysis, Springer, vol. 47(3), pages 205-221, June.
More about this item
KeywordsAgribusiness; International Development;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-CSE-2015-08-01 (Economics of Strategic Management)
- NEP-EFF-2015-08-01 (Efficiency & Productivity)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:aesc15:204302. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/aesukea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.