Migrant smuggling when exploitation is private information
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Yuji Tamura, 2013. "Migrant smuggling when exploitation is private information," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 46(4), pages 1463-1479, November.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Emmanuelle Auriol & Alice Mesnard, 2016.
"Sale of Visas: a Smuggler's Final Song?,"
London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 83(332), pages 646-678, October.
- Auriol, E. & Mesnard, A., 2012. "Sale of visas : a smuggler’s final song?," Working Papers 17/12, Department of Economics, City University London.
- Emmanuelle Auriol & Alice Mesnard, 2012. "Sale Of Visas: A Smuggler's Final Song?," CReAM Discussion Paper Series 1217, Centre for Research and Analysis of Migration (CReAM), Department of Economics, University College London.
- Auriol, A. & Mesnard, A., 2013. "Sale of visas: a smuggler's final song?," Working Papers 13/06, Department of Economics, City University London.
- Auriol, Emmanuelle & Mesnard, Alice, 2012. "Sale of Visas: A Smuggler's Final Song?," CEPR Discussion Papers 8965, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Emmanuelle Auriol & Alice Mesnard, 2012. "Sale of Visas: A Smuggler’s Final Song?," Norface Discussion Paper Series 2012007, Norface Research Programme on Migration, Department of Economics, University College London.
- Auriol, Emmanuelle & Mesnard, Alice, 2016. "Sale of visas : a smuggler's final song?," TSE Working Papers 16-645, Toulouse School of Economics (TSE).
- Slobodan Djajić, 2015. "Financial Support from the Family Network and Illegal Immigration," Review of International Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 23(2), pages 387-403, May.
- repec:bla:reviec:v:25:y:2017:i:5:p:1017-1045 is not listed on IDEAS
- Djajić, Slobodan, 2014. "Asylum seeking and irregular migration," International Review of Law and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 39(C), pages 83-95.
- Slobodan Djajić & Michael S. Michael, 2014. "Controlling Illegal Immigration: On the Scope for Cooperation with a Transit Country," Review of International Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 22(4), pages 808-824, September.
- Djajić, Slobodan & Vinogradova, Alexandra, 2014. "Liquidity-constrained migrants," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 93(1), pages 210-224.
- Muhammad Iqbal, 2017. "Border Communities Understanding on The Human Trafficking in Indonesia-Malaysia Border Region: Case Study in Sambas District, West Kalimantan," GATR Journals jmmr166, Global Academy of Training and Research (GATR) Enterprise.
More about this item
Keywordsillegal migration; people smuggling; migrant exploitation; human trafficking; adverse selection;
- F22 - International Economics - - International Factor Movements and International Business - - - International Migration
- J68 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Mobility, Unemployment, Vacancies, and Immigrant Workers - - - Public Policy
- D82 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - Asymmetric and Private Information; Mechanism Design
- L15 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Information and Product Quality
- K42 - Law and Economics - - Legal Procedure, the Legal System, and Illegal Behavior - - - Illegal Behavior and the Enforcement of Law
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2013-03-23 (All new papers)
- NEP-CTA-2013-03-23 (Contract Theory & Applications)
- NEP-IUE-2013-03-23 (Informal & Underground Economics)
- NEP-MIG-2013-03-23 (Economics of Human Migration)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:acb:cbeeco:2013-605. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/feanuau.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.