Report NEP-POL-2013-03-16This is the archive for NEP-POL, a report on new working papers in the area of Positive Political Economics. Eugene Beaulieu issued this report. It is usually issued weekly.
The following items were announced in this report:
- Afridi, Farzana & Iversen, Vegard & Sharan, M.R., 2013. "Women Political Leaders, Corruption and Learning: Evidence from a Large Public Program in India," IZA Discussion Papers 7212, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Mario Gilli & Yuan Li, 2013. "A Model of Chinese Central Government: the Role of Reciprocal Accountability," Working Papers 230, University of Milano-Bicocca, Department of Economics, revised Feb 2013.
- Allison Shertzer, 2013. "Immigrant Group Size and Political Mobilization: Evidence from European Migration to the United States," NBER Working Papers 18827, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Elena Sochirca & Óscar Afonso & Sandra Silva, 2013. "Effects of political rivalry on public educational investments and income inequality: evidence from empirical data," CEF.UP Working Papers 1304, Universidade do Porto, Faculdade de Economia do Porto.
- Irena Grosfeld & Ekaterina Zhuravskaya, 2013. "Persistent effects of empires: Evidence from the partitions of Poland," PSE Working Papers halshs-00795231, HAL.
- Francesco Passarelli & Guido Tabellini, 2013. "Emotions and Political Unrest," Working Papers 474, IGIER (Innocenzo Gasparini Institute for Economic Research), Bocconi University.
- Andreas Assiotis, 2013. "Does Democratization Spur Growth? An Examination over Time and Space," University of Cyprus Working Papers in Economics 04-2013, University of Cyprus Department of Economics.
- Andrew Beath & Fotini Christia & Ruben Enikolopov, 2013. "Direct Democracy and Resource Allocation: Experimental Evidence from Afghanistan," Working Papers w0192, Center for Economic and Financial Research (CEFIR).
- Item repec:dgr:uvatin:20130034 is not listed on IDEAS anymore
- Bjornskov, Christian & Dreher, Axel & Fischer, Justina A.V. & Schnellenbach, Jan & Gehring, Kai, 2013. "Inequality and happiness: When perceived social mobility and economic reality do not match," MPRA Paper 44827, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Eiji Yamamura, 2013. "Public sector corruption and the probability of technological disasters," EERI Research Paper Series EERI RP 2013/02, Economics and Econometrics Research Institute (EERI), Brussels.
- Mare Sarr & Tim Swanson, 2013. "Corruption and the Curse: The Dictator’s Choice," Working Papers 2013.06, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Pfarr, Christian & Schmid, Andreas, 2013. "The political economics of social health insurance: the tricky case of individuals’ preferences," MPRA Paper 44534, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Baskaran, Thushyanthan, 2012. "Ideology and fiscal policy: quasi-experimental evidence from the German States," Center for European, Governance and Economic Development Research Discussion Papers 144, University of Goettingen, Department of Economics.
- Torija, P., 2013. "Do Politicians Serve the One Percent? Evidence in OECD Countries," CITYPERC Working Paper Series 2013-04, Department of International Politics, City University London.