Report NEP-POL-2011-05-30This is the archive for NEP-POL, a report on new working papers in the area of Positive Political Economics. Eugene Beaulieu issued this report. It is usually issued weekly.
The following items were announced in this report:
- Dahlberg, Matz & Mörk, Eva & Sorribas Navarro, Pilar, 2011. "Do Politicians’ Preferences Matter for Voters’ Voting Decisions?," Working Paper Series, Center for Fiscal Studies 2011:5, Uppsala University, Department of Economics.
- Zudenkova, Galina, 2011. "Political competition in hard times," MPRA Paper 30943, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Wiberg, Magnus, 2011. "The Comparative Political Economy of Economic Geography," Research Papers in Economics 2009:21, Stockholm University, Department of Economics.
- Shifa, Abdulaziz, 2011. "The Dual Policy in the Dual Economy - The Political Economy of Urban Bias in Dictatorial Regimes," Research Papers in Economics 2011:22, Stockholm University, Department of Economics.
- Elena Costas-Pérez & Albert Solé-Ollé & Pilar Sorribas-Navarro, 2011. "Corruption scandals, press reporting, and accountability. Evidence from Spanish mayors," Working Papers 2011/9, Institut d'Economia de Barcelona (IEB).
- Abbey Steele, 2011. "Electing Displacement: Political Cleansing in Apartadó, Colombia," HiCN Working Papers 96, Households in Conflict Network.
- Hasnain, Zahid, 2011. "Incentive compatible reforms : the political economy of public investments in Mongolia," Policy Research Working Paper Series 5667, The World Bank.
- Puppe, Clemens & Tasnádi, Attila, 2011. "Axiomatic districting," Working Paper Series in Economics 24, Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT), Department of Economics and Business Engineering.
- Helmut Stix, 2011. "Does the Broad Public Want to Consolidate Public Debt? – The Role of Fairness and of Policy Credibility," Working Papers 167, Oesterreichische Nationalbank (Austrian Central Bank).
- Berggren, Niclas, 2011. "Time for behavioral political economy? An analysis of articles in behavioral economics," Ratio Working Papers 166, The Ratio Institute.
- Paola Giuliano & Prachi Mishra & Antonio Spilimbergo, 2011. "Democracy and Reforms: Evidence from a New Dataset," CARF F-Series CARF-F-247, Center for Advanced Research in Finance, Faculty of Economics, The University of Tokyo.
- Robert Hodgson & John Maloney, 2011. "Why has Britain fewer marginal seats than it used to?," Discussion Papers 1105, Exeter University, Department of Economics.
- Alesina, Alberto & Giuliano, Paola & Nunn, Nathan, 2011. "On the Origins of Gender Roles: Women and the Plough," IZA Discussion Papers 5735, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Athanasios Lapatinas & Anastasia Litina & Eftichios S. Sartzetakis, 2011. "Corruption and environmental policy: An alternative perspective," Discussion Paper Series 2011_08, Department of Economics, University of Macedonia, revised Jun 2011.
- Steffen Osterloh, 2011. "Can Regional Transfers Buy Public Support? Evidence from EU Structural Policy," Working Papers 169, Oesterreichische Nationalbank (Austrian Central Bank).